Greetings from the Nashoba Valley (MA)

fcarpcarp

Hello folks,

I'm new at this old stuff, electronically, and have been lurking for a bit. Lest you think I have little regard for old stuff, I work on Old Colonial homes (current job built in 1846).

I was just given a Concept 2.0 (the 20W baby) destined for the trash, and I'm hooked. Finally a rig that makes my B&W BM550's (and free) worth listening to, and certainly the best analog receiver currently in the house. A nice little bedroom ensemble.
Now I need to make my customer a deal for his 3D Acoustics 3D610B, and I know he has more stuff in the barn.....perhaps a little trade for labor.... :)

So thanks folks, you are an inspiration.

Oh, and if anyone comes across a flush tube (top inlet, 2", 2.5" offset) for a 1938 FW Webb low tank Sycro toilet please be sure to let me know. Somebody has one lying around, I just know it.

fcc

Thank you, and Westford is on my Calendar

Thats fifteen minutes down Rt2. Done deal!
They have a pretty good breakfast buffet, BTW. Pig out, a couple of heart healthy Bloody Mary's, and spend some money the wife says I don't have....
Heaven.

Thanks for the heads up, mhardy6647.

And they are inspiring ybaolywa. I cannot imagine a modern home performing as admirably with so little alteration for 160 years as this old home has. You just don't see 8' High entry doors, 8' double hungs and 9'W x 7'H pocket doors any more.
Much abused and ignored, not enough money for a full blown (barely half) restore, but I'll coax her back.
Sorry, I get windy about houses like these :)

fcc

well, AKer bshorey and I live within stones' throws of you!
welcome!

Hit up the Antique Radio Fleamarket at the Westford Regency if you can on 17 Feb.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145204&highlight=westford

I just did some toilet work m'self this past weekend, but it was on a 1996 model :)

Last edited:
you'll have to meet up with the rest of the local AKers sometime.
If you dare.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Welcome to AK! :music:

Oh, and if anyone comes across a flush tube (top inlet, 2", 2.5" offset) for a 1938 FW Webb low tank Sycro toilet please be sure to let me know. Somebody has one lying around, I just know it.
I can't promise anything, but I'll look. :)

Welcome from a southern neighbor!
Regards,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom