Greetings from the (not as soggy as it's made out to be) PNW.

My 88 year old father in law bout a scoobie when we relocated from Los Angeles to the farm. He loves it. Subaru makes a great car as long as you maintain it. (Especially timing components and on some models, head gaskets)

Yeah, the Swedes have quirky engineering, but not as bad as the Germans. Their motto is why use one part when we can use twenty to do the same thing. (The number of relays in my 928 was insane. Add to it the funky vacuum door locks that failed in the lock position made it the biggest pain in the butt I ever drove. Wasn't fun crawling in the hatch because the doors wouldn't unlock)

Sounds like I found the correct hi-fi forum to join!

My buddy, has a turbo V70 wagon. I thought my lifted, turbo Subaru Outback could be a PITA under the hook until I helped him do some work... Those Swedes do some strange but effective engineering.

I carried a S&W M+P .40 for many years, but with today's bullet tech I prefer the 9mm...

My 88 year old father in law bought a scoobie when he relocated from Los Angeles to the farm. He loves it. Subaru makes a great car as long as you maintain it. (Especially timing components and on some models, head gaskets)

Yeah, the Swedes have quirky engineering, but not as bad as the Germans. Their motto is why use one part when we can use twenty to do the same thing. (The number of relays in my 928 was insane. Add to it the funky vacuum door locks that failed in the lock position made it the biggest pain in the butt I ever drove. Wasn't fun crawling in the hatch because the doors wouldn't unlock)

9mm, .40 S&W, 45 acp are pretty much the same these days (except capacity and cost of you have to pay for your ammunition). Hollow point bullet construction has come a long way. Thing is, if I know I'm going to need a firearm, I'm grabbing a rifle. :) Pistols only exist so you don't look like a nut while shopping for groceries, or in your case, for not alarming the citizens. :D

I keep an M1 carbine on the tractor for dealing with coyotes, but I'm going to have to rethink that now that AR-15's are cheaper than my beater M1.

Regards,

Allen

Back
Top Bottom