Greetings from the Pacific NorthWet

Zenith4me

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hello all,

New member here so a little about me.

My entire career has been in aviation and I currently work at the largest US aerospace company in the Seattle area as an avionics engineering tech. I’ll be moving from the Pacific NorthWet to Florida in 1-2 years when I retire.

I bought a brand new Marantz 2245 receiver sometime in the mid 70’s when I was a jet mechanic in the Navy. I had to get a loan to buy it but it was worth every penny. I loved that receiver and paired it up with some giant Sansui speakers (can’t remember the model number) and a Dual 1209 turntable. I sold the gear before I went out to sea on the Kitty Hawk. I’ve missed that receiver so I just bought another one locally that I’ll be restoring. I recently got the vinyl itch so I also bought a restored Dual 1219 turntable from Bill at fixmydual. After I got that TT I bought a Dual 1209 on eBay to restore. I completely disassembled the turntable to restore it. The TT was quite a learning experience and is working fine. Now I’m considering building a custom plinth.

I restore tube radios with Zenith being my favorite brand at the moment. In a previous addiction I also restored old clocks and still do on occasion.

I love tinkering and restoring tube radios and now I’m diving headfirst into AM/FM receiver restorations.

Some of the test gear I own includes a combo isolation transformer/variac, AM signal generators, multimeters, tube testers, soldering equipment, etc. It appears I’m going to need some test gear related to FM repair. I’m currently reading other posts related to recommended test gear and will be asking questions in the future.

Anyway, I’m happy to be here and hope to learn as much as I can.

Thanks…..Carter

Back
Top Bottom