Greetings

Automann

After finding this forum some 3 weeks ago I'm pleased to see SANSUI is still respected and loved for their beautiful stereo's long after they ceased production.
I brought mine second hand over 25 years ago and it's hardly missed a beat and the main amp hasn't been switched of in the last 5 years.
I return from work put a record on, turn up the volume and enjoy add free music (as it was in the beginning).
My main system is
TURNTABLE
1)THORENS TD125/ SME3009 arm/ SHURE V15 III cartridge
2)SANSUI SR929 (#318090296) / SHURE V15 xMR cartridge
AMP SANSUI AU717 # 228080360
EQUILISER SANSUI SE 5 # 919110980
TUNER SANSUI TU717 # 218060996
TAPE SANSUI SC3110 # 608040881
CD SANSUI CD-X317 # 21804002720
SPEAKERS SANSUI SP-X9000 # 957070691

Victor

First, as the custodian of the Sansui database, I'd like to thank you for the serial numbers :) They are now registered in the database.

Next, a very nice line-up of classic Sansui!!

Finally, why only one speaker? Are you a purist? :p:

Another serial number for the "other" SP-X9000 please.....

Paul

Let me be the first non-Sansui dedicated AK'er to welcome you.

Nice set-up, keep spinning that vinyl!!!!!!!!

Todays leason SANSUI speakers have seperate serial numbers,
my other SP-X9000 is #908120298

Thankyou for your kind comments.

To me good vinyl is full of information, many shades of grey whereas CD’s being digital are either black or white, with the added bonus every body’s dumping their collections cheap to by expensive new CD’s.

:D

Victor
---------------------------------------------------

Good music never dies, it just gets re-released.

Here to Help

Welcome aboard now just pack up all that vintage gear and records and send them north to Canada and Bigmacc.

Don't you know Bose Lifestyle and MP3'S are in. :D :D

Automann said:

Todays leason SANSUI speakers have seperate serial numbers,
my other SP-X9000 is #908120298

Thanks, I'll add the RIGHT side now :)

Welcome aboard. I'm just getting started in Sansui vintage and have only a TU-999, AU-999, SS-50, (2) SP-6900X's and (2) SP-1000's. I'm currently fishin' in the eBay pond for some bigger fish :D Perhaps by Monday I'll have new serial numbers too!

And, Bigmac, I'm north of the border - don't I get a share?

Paul

MORDEN 2004 said:

Thanks, I'll add the RIGHT side now.

Question why have LH & RH speakers when they are not mirror images or have I lived all these years with2 RH Speakers....

Oops.. someone sold you two (2) RH speakers!

:yippy:

Actually, there are some HE speakers that are set-up as mirror images.

Paul

PS: Nice looking set-up you have there.

Unfortunately, I'm in a basement next to the POWER PANEL and the WATER METER. I have to be - read on.

I have to set-up there because my kilowatt/ch Sansui AU-999(Z) (modified by GaZillion Watts Inc.) requires a 8 GA 220 Volt 30 AMP supply and 3 Gallons/minute of water to operate safely.

Notice in the picture the 8 GA wire dropping down into the AU-999(Z) between the tuner and amp. The water supply is hard to see but you can see the water meter in lower right of picture immediately behind the shelf.

This is one HOT set-up.

:jawdrop:

Back
Top Bottom