Gregg Allman - RIP

Very sad. I had heard the rumors of hospice care and it seems they were true. The road does not go on forever...

RIP Gregg Allman. One of the greatest singers in both Rock and Soul. Artist, father, Brother, good ole boy, party animal and then some, great songwriter and musician. I saw you around 10 times and you NEVER disappointed. You led a band that I vaguely liked as a child and grew obsessed with as an adult. Perhaps the greatest band born on American soil. I will never forget standing mesmerized on the Beacon floor while you belted out the Blues and slammed that Hammond B3.

You lived life on your own terms. I suspect Heaven will be more of the same.

Farewell Gregg. Thanks for everything.

I was lucky to see him 2016, a few weeks before he got sick and cancelled the remainder of his tour.

Also saw him back in the day several times, the Brothers and Sisters LP tour was memorable. I missed seeing Duane live.

RIP Midnight Rider.

Last edited:
This one hurts a lot.

I've seen him play perhap 8 times and always enjoyed him immensely.
Just played Live at the Fillmore last night.

This is as bad as BB passing...

RIP, sir and thanks...

Finnbow and I apparently have no life (grin) ... but its still sad days ...
First time I saw the Allman Brothers band was a dual show with the Grateful Dead at RFK stadium in DC - June 10, 1973. What a fun time!
There are boots of that show floating around somewhere ... a.k.a. The Longest Day.
Still a sad time to hear Gregg has passed.

Last edited:
Finnbow and I apparently have no life (grin) ... but its still sad days ...
First time I saw the Allman Brothers band was a dual show with the Grateful Dead at RFK stadium in DC - June 10, 1973. What a fun time!
There are boots of that show floating around somewhere ... a.k.a. The Longest Day.
Still a sad time to hear Gregg has passed.
Sad news, his organ fills and soulful vocals were part of the soundtrack to my youth. By coincidence I played the RFK Dead concert this morning.
RIP

I always considered this album a great sleeper. I still play it a lot. If you can find an early Capricorn label pressing it is a nice quality recording too.

Gregg Allman.JPG

ilDhpRa.png

Back
Top Bottom