Gregg Allman - RIP

Just heard the news and here I sit devastated ...

Last count I was over 35 live shows and every one was a gem. Three Beacon runs, Chicago, LA, Seattle, Portland, Sturgis, Gorge Amphitheater, Red Rocks, Phoenix and I probably saw Greg solo at least 4-5 times. I'm pulling out the good vodka tonight and busting open the Fillmore box set. It was the one band that if they were playing ,,, and I could make it - I found a way to make it happen. Nothing like a 4-5 night Beacon run. It NEVER got old.

Cant really put it into words but he was one cool cat ...

RIP Gregg Allman, you gave me so many great nights ... I thank you.

DUANE, BERRY, BUTCH and GREGG...

Rest in peace brothers... Rest in peace...

Last edited:
R.I.P. Gregg

Im_No_Angel_1987_Epic_ET40531.jpg

I'm No Angel

The Gregg Allman Band

1987 Epic ET40531

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

A huge loss to the music world at such a young age. RIP Gregg and thank you for the great music.

I will miss him making any new music, but I will always cherish his and his brother's recordings. I certainly appreciate the effort he put in to make his music over the years. I gotta think these guys along with Oakley are jamming big time and non-stop right now!

Last edited:
First time I saw the Allman Brothers band was a dual show with the Grateful Dead at RFK stadium in DC - June 10, 1973. What a fun time!
There are boots of that show floating around somewhere ... a.k.a. The Longest Day.
Still a sad time to hear Gregg has passed.

I remember that show well....3 carloads of us drove down from Jersey on Friday afternoon, and set up our campsite near the RR tracks. Sometime after dark, the police showed up and told us we`d have to move to the other side of the tracks, so we scrounged up a wooden pallet, and put our campfire on top of it, and carried the fire with us (!) to the new site. Saturday was scorching hot, around 105 degrees, but The Dead soldiered on, playing for hours. I think it was right around dusk when The Brothers took the stage....
upload_2017-5-27_23-37-29.png

One of the stations on Sirius/XM was doing a tribute to Gregg, but they played "Ramblin' Man" and "Blue Sky" during the tribute. Good job.
My cousin gave me a record by a band called The Allman Brothers when I was a kid. I had never heard of them before, but from the first song "Don't Want You No More", I was blown away. I wore that record out and have loved the band ever since. Rip Gregg.

Back
Top Bottom