Greta van Fleet. I am supposed to not like this album

Sound Dragon

Yawns and sets his couch on fire!
Subscriber
But I really like this Led Zeppelin like band!

Anthem of the Peacful Army is the album. And it’s very classic Zeppelin rock sounding. What do you think?

Why aren't you supposed to like it?

Too derivative, say the critics.

Robert Plant badmouthed them for sounding like him.

My take is they are talented kids having a bit of fun rocking out. As for Mr. Plant, I get tired of him coming out weekly and stating Led Zep will never reform. We get it, Percy. Go back to your plodding international folk albums.

But I really like this Led Zeppelin like band!

Anthem of the Peacful Army is the album. And it’s very classic Zeppelin rock sounding. What do you think?

All these young men grew up in Frankenmuth Michigan just down the street from me...
If you've never heard of Frankenmuth it's Little Bavaria and quite the tourist town that revolves around German Culture and Christmas

Too derivative, say the critics.

Robert Plant badmouthed them for sounding like him.

My take is they are talented kids having a bit of fun rocking out. As for Mr. Plant, I get tired of him coming out weekly and stating Led Zep will never reform. We get it, Percy. Go back to your plodding international folk albums.

Contact AK member 4-2-7. He can tell you a lot about GVF.

I have listened to all GVF songs available on Amazon music... I like the sound. Sure they sound like LZ, but are there not a thousand bands that sound like other bands? Was LZ 100% original? Didn't Robert Plant mimic singers that came before him?
I am curious about @4-2-7 opinion on this ...
is this who was meant?

I like them as do many people. I look at the social media negativity as a norm for if something is good. Odiously they are making a huge impact very fast so you get negative people trying to pigeon hole them and put them down.

I think the singerJosh Kiszka sounds a lot like Geddy Lee but uses his voice as a instrument like Plant did. Steven Tyler sings like that also as did many artist, vocal sounds coming out that are not words but just fill to the song as a tool.

They have 2 EPs out and just put out a full album, all their own writing and music, (except A Change Is Gonna Come). That is clearly unlike LZ or 80% of the 60s and 70s artist putting a hard twist on old blues songs.

Plant making comments about them will only help GVF.
I don't think the youth care one way or another, they are just going to listen and support what they like. The only thing is the Band just keeps growing a fan base and are pretty huge now playing very large venues.

I remember when Metallica started out here in small clubs, I never liked that noise. I still basically liked earlier rock and the early 80s wasn't offering much of that. I couldn't believe Metallica made it from small clubs to
"A Day On The Green" in two years with that noise...:D

However they had the following of listeners that would have been about 10 years younger than me.

I hear Mark Slaughter more than Robert Plant. I don’t recall RP taking issue with Slaughter during the hair band era. In any case it’s good to hear a rockin band who is having fun and having some success. I like their sound.

Heard them for the first time on NPR recently, the comparison to RP/LZ obvious, but it will be interesting to see where they go.

Fwiw, I recall Edie Brickell saying she didn't know about Rickie Lee Jones when she broke out with The New Bohemians. Similar dry ironic somewhat bluesy/jazzy style.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom