Grommes Amps?

stronics

A few months ago I got these amps, Grommes 61PG's, they are a matched pair with 6L6 outputs. They sound great and are all original near mint cond.
The controls on the front are, Selector,Roll Off,Loudness,Level,Bass and Treble.
I was wondering if anyone has heard of them or has some?
Thanks for any info,
David

I haven't really got much info for ya...I've heard of the name...but I've never seen or heard one. Kinda funny...as they're in my neck of the woods (or should I say...my neck of the corn fields)

here's their website. You may want to try dropping them an e-mail...they may be able to give you some info.

If this is an old unit...may may want to do a search on bringing up old tube amps safely.

enjoy!

Gonefishin, I have listened to them for awhile. I brought them up over two weeks with a variac. Five volts for 24hrs. then ten and so on. All survived in good shape. No leaking caps and sounds real nice. Thanks for the site.
David

Hi, I have seen lots of Grommes stuff. I would say that Grommes is pretty much on parr with Bogen. They made a lot of PA stuff but did some very nice HiFi as well. Do you have any pics you can post?

Thatch,
I don't have a way to get the picture there yet. I'm working on getting a digital camera but this computer won't accept a USB. I'm working on that also. Thanks for the reply.
David

Stronics,

I see there is appaently a Grommes officianado, possibly dealer in the Toronto area. He posted an ad in AntiqueRadiosClassifieds. His email is vvenzz@yahoo.com

He is also looking for 61PG and a bunch of other stuff. He might be able to answer your questions.

Hope this helps.

Rob

No problem David. I see this guy has a bunch of other ads so it looks like his interst goes way beyond personal needs. Definitely looks like a dealer.

Rob

Grommes was an esoteric high end audio producer in the days of tubes and mono. Even their little amps designed to compete with the likes of Dyna and Eico were several cuts above in quality. Bogen, OTOH was never really a serious home audio manufacturer but into the industrial fields of PA, sound reinforcement, background music and of course intercoms. There were a few of these types of companies that were around for some time but the transition from mono to stereo and then to ss in so short a time presented too much of a challenge and cost to stay in the home audio market. Another was Stromberg-Carlson.

Back
Top Bottom