Grumpy

Army who is this guy "Grumpy"? While l'm at it who in the hell is tentoze?

Anyways l got an idea. To help Grumpy get over his shyness and feel like one of the guys at the next Fest why don't we have the Grumpster bring his turntable and system. He can supply a bunch of beer and we can stay up all night, get blasted, and play with his stuff. :music: Want do you think?:thmbsp:

Just a thought. :D

:lmao: Sounds like ah... AKfest 05 :scratch2:

After Grump dead tired, went home, tried to get some sleep...

And found his system totally covered in beer cans the next day...

Mac even though we would be up to the challenge...

We can't run that damn fast the next day...

But hey you didn't offer to store Grump's vinyl nor borrow it :D

Last edited:
Wow... Dave! I had NO IDEA you were involved with this site!! BTW, what do you do here, exactly?

It's a great place and I'm lucky to be allowed to hang around.

Great to learn more about the soul inside the man. Thanks for keeping us on the straight and narrow, or in the vinyl case, the constantly curving chasm.

Hope someday to return to Michigan to meet with youse guys!

Regards,

Bart

Dave,

Thanks for all you do! This is by far the best audio site known to man kind. Have you noticed usually when googling audio gear, AK Is constantly all over the first page, that's saying alot. We know you have spent countless hours supporting us all, and alot of the time it goes unnoticed.

Thanks again,

Ron

How'd I miss this? I must really be needing those bifocals the doc keeps talking about!

Thanks Grumpy, for all that you do!

Hi,

My internet search for a SOTA Sapphire manual has led me to a supposed posting by Grumpy of the setup manual somewhere here or on vinylengine. The vinylengine link doesnt work. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or scan and email me a manual.
Much appreciated,
Peter

Hi,

My internet search for a SOTA Sapphire manual has led me to a supposed posting by Grumpy of the setup manual somewhere here or on vinylengine. The vinylengine link doesnt work. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or scan and email me a manual.
Much appreciated,
Peter

Welcome to AK. I'd suggest posting the same query in the Turntable section. Many fine folks there to help out.

Ken

Wow! A rare, mummified introductory post from back in the middle-ages, when Grumpy was just a Little Miffed.Quick! Someone bury this thing again before the moster wakes and sets on all heads a terrible curse! Touch not the booty of ages past, turn your eyes from the cozening gleam of dusty gold. Sooth, in my heart I fear the beast has already arisen. Brothers, he is among us! Flee, I tell you! Flee! Flee! FLEE!

Should I put my bong down or ju i2ur3hbgtunv3jckxllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

A big Thank You Grumpy, I haven't been here long but have made new friends to share my passions and expect to be here a long long time. Cheers!

Daves not here !!

Attachments

• daves-not-here-a-little-cheech-and-chong-drug-humor-demotivational-poster-1253369216.jpg
    daves-not-here-a-little-cheech-and-chong-drug-humor-demotivational-poster-1253369216.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 68
BTW, thanks to the knowledge on AK, I went from thinking low end crap was all that and a bag of chips to being discerning and appreciative of truly fine sound. Now when friends come over, it's not "hear how loud this thing is", it's "listen to the ring of that cymbal" and then telling them "by the way, that's not a CD, it's the record"

Wow how the heck did I miss this!! Where would we all be without YOU Grumpy!!

THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom