Grundig Hifi-Box

Sorry i meant 850, i found one , seems to be in good condition,at 150 euros, don't know if it worths this price level. The seller is far away to where i live and refuses to send me photos from the internal. i have only this photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-23-13-27-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-23-13-27-43.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 35
I also have box 850, waiting for replacement tweeters..Unfortunately none popped up since then..
Box 850 will be a good match for 2800.. It has solid bass.
Be careful about the tweeters.

HiFi-Box 306 compact, white version :

GrundigHifibox306bl.16.JPG

GrundigHifibox306bl.18.JPG

Pougatchoff, this is an amazing thread - thanks for providing all this information! I recently purchased a Telefunken Opus 5430 MX receiver, and am looking for correct/good speakers for it. I like the Grundig 406/425 HiFi boxes - would those work well with this receiver? Any other suggestions?

I've noticed a couple of the sellers on German eBay don't wish to ship to the US, unfortunately.... :-(

Last edited:
Good info, is there a similar page for matching Telefunken speakers with their receivers?
The 5430 has 4 EL95s, so I'd guess about 10W/Channel...
Even the little 'x' s mean the speakers are "useable" (verwender) with a particular receiver, but the 'dots' are ideal...

Last edited:
Hello Roc,

Box 500 are more agressive, they have more bass and treble than RB6050.
If you don't want high frequencies (like in JLB sound) choose RB6050...

I am jumping at the end of this great and long thread with the following: few days ago I put two hi-fi gurus and my 14 years old son on the speakers blind test.
On the line where Wharfedale Laser 80 (my personal all time favorite) KEF C60 (extension of famous 103.2 Reference series) and petite Grundig Micro Box 320.
Blind means BLIND, there was no way to see what was playing as I virtually blindfolded them. Important note is that Micro 320 was on the bare floor.
Amplifier was Onkyo TX 8500, 2x115W/ch dual-mono receiver with direct A/B/C speaker switch.

Result; my son was hesitating between Wharfedale and Grundig and finally gave his vote to Grundig. Two other guys voted for Wharfedale and Grundig, respectively.
Kef definitelly bites the dust, I suspect because of a dried tweeter ferrofluid it sounds kind of dark. No more to be said about those micro-gems essentially beating 20L and 25L compression boxes from respected British manufacturers. Trust your ears, not your eyes...

Questions for Pougatchoff: could you please tell me the value of dreadful "Fraco" on Box 320`s crossover so I do not have to open it twice? And what would be your suggestion for replacement - I am in Canada. I was also thinking about replacing the cables but not sure how to do it on the box and keep it air tight.

Last edited:
Questions for Pougatchoff: could you please tell me the value of dreadful "Fraco" on Box 320`s crossover so I do not have to open it twice? And what would be your suggestion for replacement - I am in Canada. I was also thinking about replacing the cables but not sure how to do it on the box and keep it air tight.

Hello,

Frako = 33µF, any MKP or MKT capacitor is OK to replace them. CCCP caps like K77, K73, etc... are the best cheap choice you can make (many russian sellers are on ebay).
Keep using the original cables, they are great !

Thanks for the info on Fraco, as far as cables go, my son`s rabbits damaged insulation on few spots otherwise I would not bother.
I might barbecue them (rabbits) as well :-0

hello, i have hifi boxes 600, in good condition, i ordered already russian caps on ebay, i never changed capacitor, so i ask how to do it?
I guess take crossover board out, but do i need to detach all wires from crossover board before changing capacitors or cables are long enough to simply change caps outside boxes?

Back
Top Bottom