Grundig Hifi-Box

Hi James,

Thanks a lot for sharing this. Sounds like something I should try. Where did you get the cell foam sheet from?

James, I used double sided sticky foam strips. I can confirm, new sealer is a must.Also, replacing old lythics with films makes mid and upper frequencies a bit brighter. I'll try alcap lythics next time.

I finally got around to cut and install the new speaker sealings. I cut them from 2 mm closed cell foam which gave quite a tight sealing. The cutting was a bit of a pain but installing was easy afterwards.

What can I say? The bass didn't improve a lot here in my system in regard to being more prominent. BUT: to my surprise quite a few other aspects improved a lot! Clarity, precision, detail. Wouldn't have expected that from just putting a new sealing into a loudspeaker...

GrundigDichtung01.jpg

GrundigDichtung02.jpg

GrundigDichtung03.jpg

One of the "pets" got out, up late, still can't find it. Nice Grundig thread, Grundig speakers are kind of hard to find around here but I found a pair. I haven't even hooked them up yet, I don't know how they sound. I can tell they used to have wooden legs on them but they are gone.

Yes, they looks sexy! :)
What is good price on them? 150 Euro + 30 shipping the only i've found...
Sounds a lil bit overpriced?
How about Audiorama 506a?

Last edited:
Yes, they looks sexy! :)
What is good price on them? 150 Euro + 30 shipping the only i've found...
Sounds a lil bit overpriced?
How about Audiorama 506a?

If you are in Europe and have some patience, I see HiFi Box 650 & 650a fairly regularly (every month or so) on the bay in Germany in the €40-€70 price range. I've had 4 pairs now and like them very much.

Cheers,
James

I'm in Europe, Latvia.
Some patience? No prob! But never seen 600/650 cheaper then 150 Euro!
I'd be happy if someone help me to get a pair! Maybe someone gonna sell a part of own collection? ;)

I'm in Europe, Latvia.
Some patience? No prob! But never seen 600/650 cheaper then 150 Euro!
I'd be happy if someone help me to get a pair! Maybe someone gonna sell a part of own collection? ;)

Unfortunately I only have one pair at the moment that I use on my PC. The others have gone to friends. But I keep a regular watch on what's going happening on the bay. If I see a good pair I'll be happy to send you a PM to let you know.

Cheers,
James

If you are in Europe and have some patience, I see HiFi Box 650 & 650a fairly regularly (every month or so) on the bay in Germany in the €40-€70 price range. I've had 4 pairs now and like them very much.

:thmbsp:

James, you are right! I've got almost of my boxes in France (Grundig was appreciate by French people in the sixties/seventies/eighties) and some on the German bay.

Dimon: only rare boxes should be bought at a higher price than 100 euros. Be patient!

Regards,
Stephane

Grundig HiFi-Lautsprecher-Box 40a

Grundig HiFi-Lautsprecher-Box 40a

Made between 1966 and 1968.
They need to have all their capacitors replaced.

GrundigHiFiLautsprecherBox40a.01.JPG

GrundigHiFiLautsprecherBox40a.03.JPG

GrundigHiFiLautsprecherBox40a.08.JPG

GrundigHiFiLautsprecherBox40a.12.JPG

GrundigHiFiLautsprecherBox40a.14.JPG

GrundigHiFiLautsprecherBox40a.15.JPG

Guys! I need your help!
I have an offer for Grundig Box 8000 and Box 1600b.
Which are better if the price almost equals?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom