Grundig Hifi-Box

Hello Pougatchoff!

Do you know what capacitors are needed for the SL-1000 crossovers?

I found 2 of them: 33uF 63V and 6.8uF 63V, but I'm not sure about the last one, is it 4.7uF 63V or something else?

New foams for my Hifibox 416 :

GrundigHifiBox416.11.JPG

GrundigHifiBox416.10.JPG

GrundigHifiBox416.16.JPG

GrundigHifiBox416.19.JPG

GrundigHifiBox416.20.JPG

http://audio.mezei.fr/pages/GrundigHifiBox416compact.html

Hi all, great info here :), could someone with the 706a compact tell me if they're good? Thinking about buying a pair.

Thanks

Hi.
I have test the Audiofr. Foam and I think that the inside is too small and the outside Ring also and you can not fix it complete...
The roll off is too great and the coil can knock at the buttom of the Magnet . Not so good ...
BUT ... you can rip a original rubber surround from a defect Grundig speaker and fix it instand of the dammaged Foam . Thats perfect and for ever . You can see it at my pics from my 416 .

Hello,

4,7µF

Finished the crossover. I've replaced the caps with JB JFX series, and Nichicon KZ and the resistors with Ohmite gold series. I have to say these speakers are really impressive. If they had more bass I would never let them go :) Before and after pics of the crossover:

IMG_20160307_181054.jpg IMG_20160307_170501.jpg

Hi Pougatchoff,

Last week I found another pair of Grundig speaker. Box 850! I already have box 650b and I love them a lot. So I got 850's too. Woofer and mid driver is original and untouched, but tweeters looks like repaired. Code at the tweeters are 19035 013.01. Speakers sounds like there is an imbalance between the channels. Could it be related with the repaired tweeters?

Last week I found another pair of Grundig speaker. Box 850! I already have box 650b and I love them a lot. So I got 850's too. Woofer and mid driver is original and untouched, but tweeters looks like repaired. Code at the tweeters are 19035 013.01. Speakers sounds like there is an imbalance between the channels. Could it be related with the repaired tweeters?

FYI, one pair of 650b's that I have was silent on the mid and woofer in one box, and the tweeter was low. Re-flowing all of the solder connections brought the tweeter and mid back to normal. Unfortunately the woofer was dead.

Cheers,
James

Hello everybody. I am happy to join this thread with a picture of my latest purchase, a set of Grundig Super Hi-Fi Mini-Box 230 in great conditions. I bought these loudspeakers after having listened to my father in law's Grundig MiniBox 50 for over 15 years. I was so jealous!
So when I found these , I pulled the trigger: currently they're connected to a 2020 T-Amp (sources: old school Yamaha CDX550 CD player and iPod 5th generation) , while a local technician is fixing/servicing my main setup (amp and loudspeaker ).
Regards
w

AxWiPRL.jpg

By the way, I would like to congratulate with mr. Pougatchoff for the great job , the passione and all the information shared with the community

You are welcome :)

Can you show us some pictures of your Mini-Box 230 without their front faces ?

Regards,
Stephane

Hi Stephane,
thanks.
Actually, I am a bit afraid to remove the front grills -- I have read in your messages that the grill is attached to the case with a sort of glue.
I will try to gently remove one grill and shoot some pictures -- I am curious too, as this model has not been reviewed yet.
In any case, I am amazed by the sound quality of these little boxes!
regards

Hi Stephane,
thanks.
Actually, I am a bit afraid to remove the front grills -- I have read in your messages that the grill is attached to the case with a sort of glue.
I will try to gently remove one grill and shoot some pictures -- I am curious too, as this model has not been reviewed yet.
In any case, I am amazed by the sound quality of these little boxes!
regards

How to open hifibox :

GrundigHiFiBox300.C03.JPG

Back
Top Bottom