Grundig Raumklangbox 30

Keldog

Translation "Room sound box". Anyone heard of them before? Not much info on them. Thanks.

1.JPG 2.JPG

Is there a review? Does/has anyone ever owned a pair? What are personal thoughts on the Grundig brand?

Half of that page is in German and there is no info other than a few specs. I was very insulted by the response. "Less tact" is an understatement.

Now, does anyone have any thoughts on these speakers?

I don't understand. There is something called google translate. I guess throwing a tantrum is easier.

I was very insulted by the response. "Less tact" is an understatement.
You might want to take a deep breath before hurling insults, yourself. Your reply was the rudest thing I've seen on this forum in a while.

Keep in mind that this is an international forum. Try to read posts for context, rather than perceived slight.

Translation "Room sound box". Anyone heard of them before? Not much info on them. Thanks.

Grundig is generally well regarded and of high quality. I have never heard those speakers, but I would go take a look and a listen if possible. I have only seen a few pair listed for sale in many years and they appear to be in very good condition. I know they would go great with my Grundig console!

My grandparents had them and I got them in the eighties. I always thought they sounded a bit dull.

Maybe they needed a recap? I did find a very lengthy post here by someone documenting their crossover rebuilding in Grundig speakers. Very informative but mostly contemporary, more modern models. I like the look of these but not sure about the innards. Sadly, no way to test before buying. Could get them really cheap. But don't need any more speakers this size hanging around as a disappointment. Maybe just good furniture.

Thanks for the opinion. It's a bit helpful in my decision.

You are asking about a speaker made by a German company that never really did that well in the US. And the speakers were made long before the internet, let alone internet reviews, were even conceived of. Someone helpfully suggests a well known, fairly encyclopedic site, which is based in Germany, that has information. Your response wasn't the sort to encourage other suggestions.

German audio products were marketed to a population that was more likely to reside in apartment houses than single estate residences, generally sounds pleasant at moderate levels but not intended for loud partying. That market demanded good modest level SQ for reaonable expectations.

Just came across this thread.

I too have a similar pair of these vintage Grundig speakers (my pair is Raumklangbox IV) which I rescued from my 80+ year old neighbor who claimed these were purchased by her father in Germany around the time/before she was born. They have not been used by her at least since 1970s !!

They have been sitting on my "will-get-to-it-one-day" project rack for some time now. I'm getting inspired to dig them out and start a careful restoration. I do recall that when I picked them up I was hesitant to connect them to an amplifier as the oval drivers looked very fragile. I also need to dry clean/replace the cloth (my pair has cloth grill) as it has some stains.

Would love to hear from other fellow AK-ers on their experience/feedback on these.

Best Rgds
Mayank

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom