Guess who just bought an MC500 . . .

When you least expect it. You need a pair of these.

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 50
I look at some of the JBL studio monitors and I'm like - now THERE's a man's speaker. I've just never had a pair come my way . . . maybe one day.

They don't come your way - you go way out of yours (after sometimes years of searching and researching) to make it happen :).

You've got the amps now...it's time to make the magic happen...

jblnut

I look at some of the JBL studio monitors and I'm like - now THERE's a man's speaker. I've just never had a pair come my way . . . maybe one day.

They don't come your way - you go way out of yours (after sometimes years of searching and researching) to make it happen :).

You've got the amps now...it's time to find a pair.

jblnut

LS360s . . . I LOVE those speakers. Bigger house . . . in the works. Problem is that the listening room has tile. Egad.

Know what you mean. My system is still sitting in the tiled kitchen. (16'X30') Looks like I won't be moving it upstairs unless I hire movers.
I'm installing a hardwood floor one of these days soon...................................................................

To that end, either amplifier requires a dedicated 20A low impedance line of at least 10 AWG to achieve the power numbers they're capable of. That simply is not possible in my home currently - at least not without spending a small fortune.

With 10 gauge wire, you can run a 30 amp breaker. Not that difficult to install either.
'course anything copper has gone through the roof since I last installed a dedicated line. -Still shouldn't be all that much.

All set up in the new house ... Finally. The MC500 is still packed away. I've been considering selling it but then glanced through this thread. Maybe it's time to put it into rotation again.

Moving the business and home was a huge undertaking. Now, we're under contract on selling the house we moved out of and getting it as perfect as we can for the sale has taken much of our free time.

All set up in the new house ... Finally. The MC500 is still packed away. I've been considering selling it but then glanced through this thread. Maybe it's time to put it into rotation again.

That reminds me of my Sansui SP-5000 speakers. You know how I keep going round and round with other so called better speakers right. I tought about bring them back into the room as the new 275s sound so clean, and maybe that bit of distortion/warmth the 5000s bring is just right.

The SP-5000s are very rare and were the TOTL from Sansui till they came out with the next and equaly rare SP-5500. Two weeks ago I found a mint set local to me for supper cheap, so it was a no brainer. I brought them in the house and they have just been sitting. I never even pulled the grills off til now, very cool looking metal horns inside these. Ok I'm motivated now:thmbsp: I'll be getting these in the room and ready for some blastind tomarrow.

Long story short...run it, why we pull components and always think the grass is greener is beyond me.

Long story short...run it, why we pull components and always think the grass is greener is beyond me.
Part of the human condition. Have you posted pic's of the new speakers somewhere?

damacman should send me that MC500. When I sold mine, it also went to AZ. But, that is now almost 20yr ago.

Back
Top Bottom