Guest Bath Complete!

elcoholic

Jet Fuel Genius
Subscriber
I've been redoing our guest bath over the last couple of weeks. It's also the designated chamber for my morning constitutional reading sessions. It was a lot of work; stripping wallpaper, skim coating and sanding the damaged drywall, paint, milling and installing faux board & batten, masking and spraying colored w/b polyurethane on the old hideous "Golden Oak" vanity and the board and batten, making and finishing a new oak butcher block counter top, new glass vessel sink & faucet, matching towel ring & TP holder, light fixture w/ "Edison" filament LED lamps and even a new seat, flush handle and flapper for the toilet. After all that then I repurposed some old outdoor furniture into storage crates made to fit the cubbies on either side of the vanity many years ago.
Of course there were a couple of unexpected challenges a long the way. The original sink vent was installed poorly creating a badly bowed wall. They simply hammered away the drywall below the old backsplash to fit the one piece counter, sink & backsplash. I patched the whole and flattened the bulge some what, but still had a lot of scribing to fit. the new counter and trim. The shallow round fixture box right in front of the vent was flimsy so the new fixture wouldn't seat tight to the wall. I had to knock a whole in the opposite (garage) side of the wall and add blocking to get that right. On the plus side it only took two trips to the HD plumbing department to make the connections and there were no leaks! That's almost unicorn catching territory for me and my lifelong 3rd degree plumbing jinx.
IMG_0668.JPG IMG_0669.JPG IMG_0670.JPG IMG_0652.JPG

Well done, sir. I've been working on the hall bathroom now for about 5 weeks in my spare time. When you get the plumbing hooked up and there are no leaks, all is right with the world. I'm now a fan of Speakman shower heads.

Those hotel shower heads have great needle spray. Invigorating. We have a rain head over a travertine bench in the master bath. It’s very relaxing.

Back
Top Bottom