Guitar Acquisitions!

JonL

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I haven't been around AK in quite a while. During my "vacation," I've acquired a few things...

Never owned a really good acoustic guitar, and I've been playing a lot more acoustic lately, so I treated myself to a brand new Martin Custom Shop 000-15S. Very different from the off-the-shelf variety. I visited perhaps 20 stores and played every Martin in my price range before choosing this one, and from a sound quality perspective, nothing was close.

In Yard.jpg

I spent a few days in the presence of Jim Weider this past summer, and his great tone and playing inspired me to grab a Telecaster. She's a 2003 Highway One, in very nice shape, plays and sounds great. It's become my main electric since my Strat is in desperate need of a fret job, and I haven't yet brought it in.

Telecaster.jpg

Out garage sailing last summer, I came upon this Ibanez bass in very nice shape. $40. Can't go wrong. Needed a battery.

Ibanez Bass.jpg

About the same time I also picked up a nice Yamaha FG700S dreadnought acoustic for thirty bucks. Nothing special, but plays easily and is pretty loud. Good guitar to toss in the car and bring to the beach, etc. No pics of that one.

Also picked up a Music Man RD-112 one hundred watt amp with a Fender labeled JBL in it. Awesome clean tones, but it feels like it's bolted to the floor. Kinda ragged shape, but sounds great. Grabbed a few speakers to try out in various amps. Two EV-SRO coffee can 12s, and a couple of Altec 8 inch speakers for my little National (Valco) single ended 6V6 amp that has a pair of original Jensen 8s in it now.

Great looking Martin! I love my Martin, and the Ovation and Yamaki as well!

Trio01.jpg

Nice hunting and gathering! I need to start hunting up some 12" speakers to try - hopefully I'll have as much luck as you!!

Back
Top Bottom