Gyusher / SX-5590

e2e4c7c5

hey gyusher,

I joined the SX-5590 club!!!! :thmbsp:

Now it just has to survive the shipping hassle!!! :yes:

Nice

You will really like it.That is the one I sold to gyusher I believe and he ended up having to sell it.It has all new caps in the power regulator board and the big cans also.I still have one myself,not in perfect condition but insides are near so.I went thru it too.Best reciever I have heard bar none.You will not be dissappointed.

Congratulations e2e4c7c5 (edit, needed more coffee) !!! :thmbsp:

That is one sweet looking receiver for sure !!! :yes:

Please let us know when ya get it all set up and what you’re going
to be using for speakers and such…

Merry Christmas !!!

Last edited:
DAMN !!!!!! :yikes: :yikes:

Where the hell are bidders like you when i sell. Talk about over paying.

Hey I have lusted after a black faced Pioneer for years but not a chance in hell id fork over that kind of cash.

Bet Devo is happy. Hes a member so im sure he will chime in as well as others justifying that outrageous purchase price.

Long as you happy....

e2e4c7c5 said:
hey gyusher,

I joined the SX-5590 club!!!! :thmbsp:

Now it just has to survive the shipping hassle!!! :yes:
If Joe ships it like he got it. . . No wait I delivered it to him. . . I also picked it up at Roger's place too. . . Big bad boy. . . That guy is damn near perfect. . .

not Mine

Parky50 said:
Congratulations Gyusher !!! :thmbsp:

That is one sweet looking receiver for sure !!! :yes:

Please let us know when ya get it all set up and what you’re going
to be using for speakers and such…

Merry Christmas !!!
Yea. . .Rub more salt in the wound. :yikes:

Not mine anymore. . . :cry:

grumpy said:
DAMN !!!!!! :yikes: :yikes:

Where the hell are bidders like you when i sell. Talk about over paying.

Hey I have lusted after a black faced Pioneer for years but not a chance in hell id fork over that kind of cash.

Bet Devo is happy. Hes a member so im sure he will chime in as well as others justifying that outrageous purchase price.

Long as you happy....

I'm Happy!!!! :banana: :yes: :thmbsp: :banana:

High Prices

For the most part I agree with Grumpy but. . . there are exceptions to the rule and from my experience with that Pioneer it has to be put in the exception catagory. Just about perfect almost a total rebuild and upgraded componets do add value. . .

Speaking from experience I have had and I have sold many Pioneer receivers for well over the going rate. From a 650.00 SX-850 to a 499.99 SX-780, countless 850s that went over the 400 dollar mark, many 1050s over the 600.00 dollar mark and my all time high a SX-1010 for right at 1000.00 with shipping (after EW had his way with it)

In the 1010 case I was in it over 800 by the time I was finished. Initial price plus EW and parts. On the other high dollar receivers I paid a premimum for those as well.

Most of the time if you want a one owner, well maintained, cosmeticaly and functionaly perfect you have to pay big money to get it in the first place. I damn sure didnt get rich off my eBay and other big money sales. Most of the time I got what I had in them with a little more on some.

I wanted those SX-850/1050s in as close to perfect condition and I was willing to pay to get them. Otherwise I would have never owned one. Also I bought normal run of the mill versions that were considered "very nice", "works perfect" for normal prices. For the most part the run of the mill versions were just fine even excellent values that made nice reliable daily drivers.

The fact is however, that the devil is in the details. Truly perfect examples are just about impossible to find now unless you are willing to pay to get them. If all you want is a nice looking great working vintage Pioneer there are many of those out there that can still be had for more "Normal" prices, but if you want a muesum piece you might get lucky but most likely you are going to have to get it off your hip. :smoke:

Not here to justify anything but I am 100% with Guy on this and have no problem paying for the right piece and I usually get at least what I have in them back out of them and sometimes more as in this case. Would I have paid that much to get it???? I think I may have very well gone that far to have a truly nice one and the only reason it is gone now is due to other obsessions. I so far have no regrets on anything that I have ever paid a premium for with the exception of one that got FUBAR by UPS. I figure there are many ways to spend large sums of money with nothing to show for it afterwards so I never feel bad about collecting gear, beats the hell out of gambling etc. for a hobby. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom