HA1452 IC in Pioneer SA5300

gonebytim

Hi,

I've been breathing life back into an old SA5300 integrated amplifier. I'm at a point where the amp is very nice cosmetically and works beautifully apart from the phono stage. The amp has been fully recapped and had all transistors replaced and I believe that it needs to have the HA1452 opamps replaced.

A bit of a google search revealed that there is an NTE1480 equivalent - but that seems to be about as hard to track down as the HA1452 itself.

I've never had to replace a part like this before and have always found equivalent parts (transistors ect) from my local Australian Electronics wholesalers.

I'm cautious because the only replacement parts I see for sale are from international retailers that I've never heard of and I don't have any experience and I'm wondering if I do in fact need to be caucious about counterfeit parts/fake sellers etc?

- and also if anyone has experience with replacing this IC?

never mind, didn't check, as I should have, and thus i inserted my into my mouth.
yeeech, tastes terrible...

Last edited:
I wouldnt have posted it if I thought it was bodgy? Ive bought lots of these subs from various established sites and theyve all been OK. As long as you buy with PayPal you cant go wrong because you get your money back if its not as described so why would anyone bother doing small rip-offs if they have to refund the money everytime. I used to be paranoid about these things myself. Buy outside PayPal and there is a chance of a ripoff.

Hopefully my reply didn't come across as rude. I absolutely appreciate the advice. I was just making sure that I wasn't going to fall into a trap that many others had possibly already learnt from. Living in Australia the postage is usually a lot more than the part itself. Which means that I'll make damn sure that the part is dead before doing a purchase, I'm just assuming at this stage based on the fact that the caps and transistors have all been replaced

Ok - this is a bit off topic from the original post, but I'm confused....

The past year I was believing that most transistors I come across in these vintage Amps were out of production and have been finding modern equivalents to substitute.

There are only a very limited number of suppliers here in Australia that sell transistors - and then I came across WES Components. This is a big name distributor in Australia so I'm not even sure why I hadn't looked before - but take a look at this screenshot of their catalogue....
IMG_5692.PNG
Page after page it is a comprehensive list of all the transistors I believed to be extinct. In fact - I can't find a transistor in any of my vintage gear that's not readily for sale here.

Is this normal and how is this so?

Back
Top Bottom