Hack jobs

The thing with people who know what they're doing is that they know what they can get away with. It may not be right, but its right now. I've been guilty of bodging stuff together in a pinch myself. Something I've learned though is that there is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.

$_3.JPG
I would like to start a thread with pictures, on hack jobs, there is currently one on the auction site, a Dynaco Mark III, it's like what were they thinking? There are no driver tubes,20 amp (or so) fuse.

Looks like (maybe) they went with SS rectification and are using the ceramic octal for a 6SN7 or 6SL7 driver?

Still...<shudder>

-D

I have been looking at that amp for a while, it is relisted, the seller actually increased the price a little for buy it now because no one bid on it the first time. If there are not enough red flags for buyers, consider that we dont even know if the transformers are operational. The power transformer must buzz or vibrate because we see little ..rubber o-rings or washers or something under it. I would never ever sell something so messed up as that. If the user was electrocuted while operating it, I think the family might have a case.....nah, "parts or repair" should protect him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom