Handsome Family

opt80

Subscriber
I said when he joined AK that Tentoze would add to the musical spectrum with his knowledge.I was right!
Last week he had reccomended The Handsome Family..Singing Bones with the stipulation if I didn't like it he would buy it back.
Well 'Toze keep your money,not only do I like it but I went to www.mymusic.com and bought 2 more of their stuff.
Thanks,'Toze

Alan

Originally posted by opt80
I said when he joined AK that Tentoze would add to the musical spectrum with his knowledge.I was right!
Last week he had reccomended The Handsome Family..Singing Bones with the stipulation if I didn't like it he would buy it back.
Well 'Toze keep your money,not only do I like it but I went to www.mymusic.com and bought 2 more of their stuff.
Thanks,'Toze

Alan

My pleasure, Alan- it is a remarkable record, IMO. My favorite right now. I have been walking around all week singing "No one hears the singing bones...."

Folks are starting to steer clear of me.............

:p:

opt, 'toze--

i know the album of which thou speakest-- i find it most pleasing to these ears-- you guys are a couple of hepcats

shrinkboy

i would say 'gothic alt.country'--

i.e. country infused with modern sensibilities, but harkening back to the beginning of the genre when the themes were mortality, redemption, the infinite...the singer has a gorgeous baritone harmonized by his wife...they write these beautiful tunes that make you think of the high desert...check 'em out

shrinkboy

Originally posted by shrinkboy
i would say 'gothic alt.country'--

i.e. country infused with modern sensibilities, but harkening back to the beginning of the genre when the themes were mortality, redemption, the infinite...the singer has a gorgeous baritone harmonized by his wife...they write these beautiful tunes that make you think of the high desert...check 'em out

shrinkboy

Yeh, what shrinkboy said..........
:)

Originally posted by shrinkboy
opt, 'toze--

i know the album of which thou speakest-- i find it most pleasing to these ears-- you guys are a couple of hepcats

shrinkboy

We are hepcats

alan

I feel the need to place another CD order coming on strong :p:

Alan, Tentoze, Shrinkboy - with you guys lined up behind them, I gotta give them a listen!

-Dave

Ah, I hope Alan isn't leading me astray once again.

With these posts, I went ahead and ordered the CD.

Ray, MY friend,if tou don't like it I'll offer you the same money-back guarantee 'Toze offered me

Alan

Thanks Alan- you know I won't follow up on that.

You haven't led me too far astray yet;)

I would try to keep current with you and Dave918, but I don't believe there's enough time in the day to listen to all those tunes.

His post did 'force' me to buy Allison Moorer along with this CD.

And Sarah and Nora and....:)

Ray,The irony is I have more cds than time to listen.Yeah I know you wouldn't follow up on money back guarantee.Have fun in Vegas

Alan

The day my listening catches up with my buying I'll .........I'll ......... :dunno: - cause it ain't never gonna happen :p:

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom