1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Happened upon this at the dump

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by Markoneswift, May 18, 2018.

1. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock

Hello all,

Went for my usual dump run today and pulled out a Rotel RCD-855 in fully working order for $10. Seems I have the TD1541A and Philips transport for very little money. It has digital out too. Sounds great....

20180518_165151.jpg

red 111, mjw21a, ranch 22b and 4 others like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Markoneswift

3. imral3

imral3 Super Member

Sweet deal!!!

4. duckrabbit

duckrabbit New Member

Lucky you! I have one in the mail, with NOS mod. Never heard it. Excited. Paid about 15 times more than you did but I hope it's still worth it. :)

5. Ramseybella

Ramseybella AK Member

They charged you for it? I would give it to you for not adding to the landfill..
    Never the less nice score... What Philips transport does it have, open it up let's see?
    Our local dumps have a recycle section, people leave things that can be fixed or used for parts.
    Some of the stuff such as this still works.
    My friend found an old Yamaha YZ 125 MX needed a carb rebuild fork seals and seat recovered runs like a champ.

6. Markoneswift

Yes our city waste transfer station is privately operated so they sell stuff back to the public that people drop off at the recycling side of the station. The prices are generally quite reasonable - I picked up a Technics TT a while back, fully working for $20. I gave it a clean and lube and flipped it for $200 :)

7. mjw21a

mjw21a Super Member

I'm somewhat jealous. A big fan of the Philips TDA based units. Nicer external design to my Marantz CD63SE and a better chip

8. WillVT

WillVT Super Member

Nice. That looks similar to my RCD-970bx. Be gentle with the drawer. If it is the same mechanism as mine, there is a little plastic gear that is known to fail. Mine has, and now I have to open and close the drawer manually.

9. mark warren

mark warren Music Lover!

10. NAD80

NAD80 Super Member

Nice have a Philips CD-60 with the 1541 and it's real nice. Enjoy the music !.

11. red 111

red 111 AK Subscriber Subscriber

nice i have a Marantz CD 52 built by Phillips (with the bad transport draw) but it sounds wonderful. Enjoy yours.