Happy 100th Frank

jgannon

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Getting a jump on December 12th, which marks the 100th birthday of the one and only.

I was lucky to see him three times. Once in concert with Count Basie and Ella Fitzgerald at the Uris Theater in 1975. Again, at the Westchester Premiere Theater with Dean Martin. And for the last time in 1978 at Radio City Music Hall. I consider myself blessed.

Author Pete Hamill once wrote a book called "Why Sinatra Matters". I remember thinking to myself that I'd never read it, because I already knew why. For one, he was the kind of person who could inspire somebody to write a book about him with that title. But maybe one day I will pick it up - not to corroborate anything I already feel, but just to break bread with a kindred soul in a world that is changing very quickly.

Happy 100th, Francis Albert Sinatra.

Last edited:

This is the one that started it all for me. I remember exploring my parents' record cabinet one day , being somewhat bored with the AM radio scene. I put this on, and it was pretty much anathema to me. But for some reason, I made myself listen to it a number of times. And all of a sudden I "got" "I've Got You Under My Skin". That unlocked the door. I then began to like another song, and then another. Language understood.

Last edited:
Happy 100th Birthday to The Voice!

Songs_for_Young_Lovers_1954_Capitol.jpg

Songs for Young Lovers

Frank Sinatra
Accompanied by Nelson Riddle

1954 Capitol

Any favorite Sinatra movies?

One of mine is "A Hole In The Head" with Edward G. Robinson.

"Geronimo!!"

A_Hole_in_the_Head-304161938-large.jpg

Happy Birthday, Ol' Blue Eyes! I'll have to dig out my Sinatra albums! I bet they will have the Empire State Building all lit up in blue tonight!

Back
Top Bottom