Happy Birthday to avionic!

Drawn in by the name Avionc, Looking for fellow pilots.?
Happy B-Day!
And then I saw Bitburg Pils.
Lived there in 66 and 67 as a child and remember the brewery on Oktoberfest turning their water fountain to beer and all you could carry
for 1 mark. And no drinking age...

Drawn in by the name Avionc, Looking for fellow pilots.?
Happy B-Day!
And then I saw Bitburg Pils.
Lived there in 66 and 67 as a child and remember the brewery on Oktoberfest turning their water fountain to beer and all you could carry
for 1 mark. And no drinking age...
Non pilot.. Eagle Keeper not Eagle Driver. Intermediate level repair of the F-15 "Eagle" EW systems.Spent a couple years stationed at Bitburg AB Bitburg W.Germany.

Last edited:
Non pilot.. Eagle Keeper not Eagle Driver. Intermediate level repair of the F-15 "Eagle" EW systems.Spent a couple years stationed at Bitburg AB Bitburg W.Germany.

Yep, that air base was the reason I was there as a 7 year old. No F-15's then, more like F-4's.
Back then a German Mark was a Quarter, and airmen lived good due to the exchange rate.
Best Braut's I have ever tasted!

Yep, that air base was the reason I was there as a 7 year old. No F-15's then, more like F-4's.
Back then a German Mark was a Quarter, and airmen lived good due to the exchange rate.
Best Braut's I have ever tasted!
I was there in 1980-82 as a Senior airman/Buck Sergeant. The DM rate wasn't quite that good.But it did get better after President Reagan took office. 36th TFW 3 squadrons of Eagles. Eagles replaced Phantoms. But Spangdalem was still flying F-4G's. My brother was stationed at Spang and I at Bitburg for about a year ie.1981 Thats where both of my sets of NS-1000/1000M were purchased.I bought the 1000's and my brother picked up the 1000M's from the Bitburg BX. My bro lost interest and gifted them to me.:banana: *

* They were in a pretty sad state of repair. I repaired and refinished the cabinets. And replaced two tweeters. Thank god Yamaha was still selling replacements.Also had to hunt down a set of grills and badges.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom