Happy Fathers Day

My Dad died in 1978, but I still have fond memories of watching John Wayne movies and Gunsmoke with him. He married late in life and was 41 when I was born. I didn't have him for long, but he supplied me with many happy times. Rest well, Dad. I hope all you fathers and grandfathers have a great day today with your families.

Happy Father's Day to all of you also. My Dad made it to 93 in 2003, and was healthy right up to the end. We should all be as lucky.
And yes, as suggested above, we all probably eventually sound and act like our dads, at least the good ones. We all have a lot to thank them for. And we all are better for having been their sons.

427 Thank You! I just watched this and I never knew my Dad and now that I haven't spent father's day with my Son for 7 years who is stationed in Japan with the Air Force.. i did have some facetime with him this morning but it's not the same:( I just know in my heart he is with me and am VERY PROUD as a Father that he is Serving our Great USA ! He will be home soon in October. A lot of catching up to do on my part and maybe I can see him open some Birthday and Christmas presents soon! From a VERY PROUD FATHER!

Had a great Father's Day weekend. Both son and daughter made the 4 hour drive here Friday after work - different schedules prevented them coming together. Saturday we went to a lunch party/baby shower combo for my nephew and his wife, then a quiet evening at home. Up early this morning, opened the gifts they brought, and wifey fixed a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs and a nice potato-bacon-sausage-onion-bell pepper pan fried dish. Both kids had things to do at home, so they left at 9:30 for the 4 hour drive back. We'll have a quiet dinner at home tonight.

Doesn't get much better than that.

Last edited:
Was treated to a wonderful day out to Rodeo beach near San Francisco and a late night dinner. Trying to be the best dad to my daughters and my wife's kids. I'm "undoing" everything dad did and not pass on his legacy. Guess learning what NOT to do is a good thing. A certain Cat Stevens song comes to mind.
Well, it's been hard but not in a bad way. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Back
Top Bottom