Happy Thanksgiving

WildWest

To all my American friends that celibrate this wonferful holiday. May we give thanks and not take for granted all of our blessings and gifts. Eat, drink, and CRANK THE TUNES DUDES AND DUDETTES!! :guitar: :rockon: :guitar:

Here Here!! Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!
Just got canned today, best thing that's happened to me in 3 years. Seriously- not a joke-:rockon: Yippie!!!
Happy US Thanksgiving to my Canadian and everywhere friends too!

Carl

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Carl,but if you are ok with it.best of luck in your search for new employment!

Alan

Oh boy, It's a long story started about 2 1/2yrs ago the guy who worked next to me back a Toyota pickup over my legs as I was setting a hoist to lift a 4Runner. No broken bones but other
damage to joints, ankles, etc. This made me a "qualified injured
worker" to which a different labor code applies. Basically he can't harass, discriminate, or cut my hours. He has violated
about every one there is more than once. My attorney filed suit
about 8 months ago which pissed him off into making things as
bad as he can to work for him.
So today he pulled a stunt saying my job position has been
eliminated. A total crock and another black and white labor code
violation. He changed my job title so he could "lay me off" regardless of seniority he thinks. Wrongo!
I couldn't quit and he can't fire me has
been the problem until today. Now I'm out of there and as my
attorney said this will all be a slam dunk.
I tried to condense this as I could go on for pages but an end has
been put to this charade and now I can "go get a life" with job
retraining. This is why I am so happy! Yee Haw!!!!

Carl

From the JonTee family to all my friends, have a safe and enjoyable holiday. Happy Thanksgiving!

JonTee:)

Yup, Happy Thansgiving from The Jersey Grand's to you. We will not celebrate today. My wife works for Fox Chase Cancer Research, and on Saturday we will be celebrating Thanksgiving with about 10 cancer survivors who are coming over for dinner. I've never met any of them before. Hope one of them speaks stereo.

Toasted Almond

This is from a post from Angela (remember her) from last Thanksgiving. I liked it so much I saved it.

Kind of an interesting way of being thankful for what we have.

I am thankful for the wife who says, "It's hot dogs tonight." She is home with me, not with someone else.

* For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato. He is home with me and not out in some bar.

* For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes because that means she/he is at home, not out on the streets.

* For the taxes that I pay because it means I am employed.

* For the mess to clean after a party because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.

* For the clothes that fit a little to snugly because it means I have more than enough to eat.

* For my shadow that watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.

* For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.

* For all the complaining I hear about the government because it means we have freedom of speech.

* For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking and that I've been blessed with transportation.

* For the lady behind me in church that sings off-key because it means that I can hear.

* For the pile of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.

* For the weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been capable of working hard.

* For the alarm that goes off in the early morning because it means that I am alive.

* And finally ... for too much email because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.

Happy Thanksgiving to all AK-ers & their families. I'm gonna be listening to my R-390A-a big, bad, beautiful "Boatanchor"-& then going down to my Uncle's home for turkey 'n' fixins. Have a good 'un- from NE Tennessee- Sandy G.

I wanna wish all the great AK members and all the fantastic friends i have made here a wonderfull Thanksgiving

PS
I hope you sock it to that SOB Carl !

Dave

Thanks Dave,
Hope your doing OK. Tendon surgery was a killer for me.
I would have been quitting in about a month anyway. This is just gift wrapping on this and the other 2 suits involving the workers comp carrier.
Maybe another suit for illegal termination, will find out Monday. It's
been hard to go to work lately. Such a relief!

Carl

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Stuffed the bird this morning, just finished stuffing a big turkey (yeah, that's ME) now.

Enjoy, and remember to count your blessings.

Personal Record!

I ran a personal [age group] record in a local five mile road race this morning! :banana: Now, let's get back drinking a few more Sapporo's and watching the game. Turkey in the oven, honey-baked ham in the fridge... kids sleeping. Aaahhhhh. Wishing everyone only the best. MikE

The Happiest Thanksgiving wishes to all my American friends. May you all have a safe and rewarding holiday.

Carl I hope you clean your former employer's clock. :D

JoZmo thanks for replaying that post.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom