Harbeth C7ES-3

I thought they were a beautifully refined speaker when I auditioned them with the Rega Brio-R and Elicit-R. But in the end I went with a B&W speaker which was more to my taste.

If you don't mind me asking, did you purchase the 7's new or previously owned?

I thought they were a beautifully refined speaker when I auditioned them with the Rega Brio-R and Elicit-R. But in the end I went with a B&W speaker which was more to my taste.

If you don't mind me asking, did you purchase the 7's new or previously owned?

New.

I don't have the Harbeths yet.

I liked the Spendors but never fell in love with them. How many times have I threatened to sell them...quite a few. The tweeter was not as refined as the rest of the package.

Some time ago the C7's were my dream speaker (before the 0/93) and I let that go when I got a really good deal on the Spendors. Most of the time I owned them I was kicking myself for not buying what I really wanted. Now I have. Let's see if the rewards meet the expectations.

I'll be watching you......for your comments on the Harbeths that is!

Congrats Art:yes::music::tresbon:

Getting a good seat now. Can't wait for your review Art. :thmbsp:

Art,
Coincidentally, I have a pair of C7ES-3s now (LOVE them) and a pair of LS50s on the way. The idea is not to replace the Harbeths but to have a different point of view from time to time. We can compare notes!
-Bob

What were your impressions when you auditioned them?

We don't have a dealer. The only Harbeth dealer in the state is difficult to work with and only carries the P3ESR and Monitor 30.1. Not because that is their favorites but because their sizes make them big sellers. I heard them a few years ago and loved what I heard. Truthfully, hearing them at a dealer is not really hearing them, to me. You can enjoy what you hear but it doesn't tell ya what will happen at home.

Art,
Coincidentally, I have a pair of C7ES-3s now (LOVE them) and a pair of LS50s on the way. The idea is not to replace the Harbeths but to have a different point of view from time to time. We can compare notes!
-Bob

Awesome. That will be fun!

We don't have a dealer. The only Harbeth dealer in the state is difficult to work with and only carries the P3ESR and Monitor 30.1. Not because that is their favorites but because their sizes make them big sellers. I heard them a few years ago and loved what I heard. Truthfully, hearing them at a dealer is not really hearing them, to me. You can enjoy what you hear but it doesn't tell ya what will happen at home.

Agreed. Home-demo really is the true demo.

You may know the Japanese audio guru Sugano-san. He apparently really raved about the C7, referring them as the best speakers for home use. I doubt you will be disappointed especially in your Japanese-like sized listening room.

I think you will be very happy with the Harbeths. I love my SLH 5s a ton. Very nice, tonally accurate speakers. I'm sure it will sound wonderful with the Sonneteer. If you had driven up to Seattle I think Hawthrone has them, at least I auditioned them there.

About a year in, and I still absolutely love my C7s — plan on having them a really long time. I'm sure you'll love them as well.

Back
Top Bottom