Harbeth SHL-5 incoming.

Any would do..but that would be a nice one. I've heard their larger mono-blocks and really liked them. I'm really not much into tubes these days but I love to hear them when they're somebody else's headache to deal with. Not that all tube gear is a headache, but a full 75% of what I have had has been.

I'm thinking the S-30 may not be up to the task power wise. How about some tube single-ended goodness, thinking of the BAT VK-55 here. (For some reason I just got a headache – ahh, too much thinking going on.)

If your tube equipment problem rate is running at 75% you've made some really bad choices, have had a run of bad luck, or just have bad tube karma. Of course tubes going bad is to be expected.

The sound of the new Kefs inspired me to play with room treatment for the SHL-5s. I brought my Expedit out of the closet, and moved a bookshelf, to put 1000 records and a bunch of books between the back of the speakers and my floor to ceiling windows. Nice improvement! The slightly boomy bass is less than slightly boomy now. Sounds fantastic.

The SHL-5s are currently being driven by an Accuphase E-303x recapped by cdfac. Very nice amplifier.

So Since 2013.... any news guys.... Here is mine with Mc MA6900 & Oppo 105D :music::tresbon:

Attachments

• DSC00197.jpg
    DSC00197.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 83
Here in South Korea

A simple system.... in a bigger room....

Attachments

• IMG_6858.jpg
    IMG_6858.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6865.jpg
    IMG_6865.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 52
I like them with my amp :D

20112181414147590.jpg

Back
Top Bottom