HARMAN KARDON 330C

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by Mark Davis, May 30, 2018.

1. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Active Member

I recently got a HK 330C. It does not power on. I have checked the fuses. I have checked across the on / off switch for voltage. I have checked voltage at the input to the transformer. Does anyone know what voltage I should be seeing on the secondary side of the transformer? I have 2 Green, 2 Blue and 1 Black wire coming out. If I knew what the voltage should be I can determine if the transformer is bad.

THANKS in Advance!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

3. jcamero

jcamero If you get confused just listen to the music play Subscriber

Pull the cover off, their are fuses inside. That's all I got...

4. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Active Member

I have the service manual already Thank You. I was doing some more voltage checks tonight and I noticed the power light came on. I hooked up some speakers and it worked. I cycled power numerous times and wiggled wites and it is still working.

Would it be possible that it had not been turned on for a long time and it just needed to be powered up?

Could it be that checking the secondary of the transformer I woke something up?

I am a electrician by trade so I know how to troubleshoot.

Electronics are a whole different ball game though.

5. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

I'd be incline to think there is a loose connection somewhere.Wiggle the power cord.- Tarnished/dirty fuse clips and/or fuses. Intermittent power switch.

6. bobschneider

bobschneider AK Subscriber Subscriber

If it's a tarnished switch or other connector, Deoxit D5 can clean it up. Any decent electronic parts store should have it - if you don't have one nearby, try Guitar Center.

Just be careful not to get any on the tuning capacitor (the large finned part which moves when you use the tuning dial) - that will mess up the alignment of the tuner.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. dlucy

dlucy dlucy67 (Doug) Subscriber