harman/kardon 430 finds a permanent home

bamaboy

I picked up this HK 430 and put in new lamps and a couple of fuses, and cleaned it up real nice. I sounds super warm, super good. It is so classy looking. I have been allowed to add it to our upstairs den where the whole family spends most of our time.
Here is a thread of the clean up.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=364280

Im running Energy ESM3's, and the sound is just sooo saweet! If you find it hard to see the speakers, that is the point. I knew when I found these speakers this was exactly what I wanted to do with them. A very subtle vintage system in the main living room of my house. It is Ipod and radio only. Not gonna press my luck with trying to bring a turntable into the mix.... not yet anyway.
Here is a thread of the speaker refurb.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=358551

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And yes, that is a CRT high def tv, almost Vintage in and of itself!

Attachments

• harman:kardon 430 - 09.jpg
    harman:kardon 430 - 09.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 316
  • harman:kardon 430 - 11.jpg
    harman:kardon 430 - 11.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 312
  • harman:kardon 430 - 08.jpg
    harman:kardon 430 - 08.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 310
  • harman:kardon 430 - 07.jpg
    harman:kardon 430 - 07.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 307
  • energy esm3 - 28.jpg
    energy esm3 - 28.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 312
Yes, this tv weighs 9000lbs and was 800 bux 10 yrs ago, it is really obsolete, but ive got 3 of em and the still look good to me.

man, this system really sounds good. This receiver is soooo warm. I dont have any tube amps that work, yet, but this must me similar to the tube warmth i hear about.

Great looking gear - that entertainment center if off the hook - like the grass-cloth (wife is a decorator)

yes, not sure any other receiver i have would have been welcomed in the main den as this 430 has been. really sleek looking, and the way the grill cloth is done on the ESM3's, they just disappear. If I must say so myself, This system is smooth baby!

bought a 430 used back in the 80's for my brother for $40. nice sound and great tuner. was sorry to give it up for him. he didnt know anything about audio equipment, but did enjoy it.

That series of h/k receivers will never go out of style. Love the CRT, too. Play it til it dies, we say around here.:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom