Harman Kardon A250 Value

gunnerjohn

I have this Harman Kardon A250 that's been in my attic for many years, just dug it out to see if it has any real value. I fired it up with an old tuner and to my amazement, it still works, not significant hum and both channels functioned. Several of the switches are flaky and I suspect need some TLC, but overall it seems functional.

Is there a market for this and what would be the avenue best to sell it? One issue is it's one heavy sucker, so shipping it would be expensive, and packing it so it wouldn't get destroyed would probably be challenging as well.

Attachments

• Harman Kardon A250 N1.png
    Harman Kardon A250 N1.png
    480.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Harman Kardon A250 N2.png
    Harman Kardon A250 N2.png
    653.3 KB · Views: 26
A great place to buy and sell gear is in the Bartertown forum on audiokarma. It costs $25 per year to subscribe, and you get the benefit of knowing it'll most likely be well taken care of and restored by an AK member. Depending on where you are located, there may be members very close to you who would be interested, and with a piece like that, I think you would have a good bit of interest. The other obvious options are craigslist and ebay, where you can conduct local deals if you don't want to hassle with shipping.

I did some looking around on the Internet, some guy in Canada is selling one for $1200, who knew! :beatnik: His claims to be "restored", obviously replacing all the caps is probably a good idea. I was a little surprised that mine didn't bigger issues with the caps, they're over 50 years old, I suspect they'd be one of the items to upgrade.

I did see some similar amplifiers sold on eBay, but I've never had much luck trying to get a local deal done. I'm just really reluctant to try to pack this, I can't imagine that ending well.

I looked at Bartertown Preview, but that's a very limited audience for a single sale, not to mention having to buy in, I really don't expect to do a lot of buying and selling. They also mention the Marketplace Classifieds section, but the link is bad and I don't see it anywhere else on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom