Harman Kardon A300 Integrated Amp

I just brought my dads A300 and T300X home - incredibly reliable and drove an old pair of Advents very nicely

A300 was the reason I gave up on solid state many (many) years ago

I just brought my dads A300 and T300X home - incredibly reliable and drove an old pair of Advents very nicely

A300 was the reason I gave up on solid state many (many) years ago
I love my restored A500. Currently powering a pair of restored New Large Advents. I also use a pair of refurbished KLH Model 5 speakers with it when I want a different sound.

67B02882-C7C0-40DA-97C4-268BBEF7D20A.jpeg
Here is a shot of the cool “blue glow” of the 7408 tubes in my 300, fun to listen to and look at!

I bought a matched quad of the JJ 6v6s tubes. IMO the RCA 7408 tubes are much better. Although the JJ tubes are very nice to look at. After comparing the A300 to my other systems (using the same speakers) which include an HK730 and my Citation receiver I think the A300 sounds better or as a friend commented "it's like you're there at a concert". And very close to my main biamped mosfet adcom system with speakers that cost 10x as much to make.

I'd love to hear an A300 sometime. I have a restored A500 from buickguy and it's been my main rig for about 7 years now with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Solid piece that just sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom