Harman Kardon Turntable owners/appreciation group.

jondon

Truly underrated sleeper turntables! Lets do it here! What kind do you own? Cartridge? Upgrades? Tweaks? Thoughts?

10169283_10203270299745467_7259254014950452897_n.jpg

I have a T40 that I picked up many years ago. It is a nice little belt drive. I became hooked on idlers, so now it sits and waits. I think it is a classy looking little table, too bad the feet are screwed up on mine.

My H/K T60 with Pickering XSV 3000 cartridge.

I like this simply turntable a lot (my two other turntables are much more complex DDs from same era). It's in nice shape too. The only problem I have with it is a quarz lock. Sometimes quarz lock will not work as it should...by then the red mark light of quarz lock starts to blink and the speed of the record starts to variate a lot (becoming too slow) :worried: . Any idea what could cause that? It does not happend all the time, but now I used it without quarz lock.

Attachments

• HK.jpg
    HK.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 158
T-25 sitting on the sidelines since I got my Mitsubishi LT-22. Very, very nice TT (but, unfortunately, no match for the Mitsubishi) I'm using an AT122LP Shibata on it. I increased the filter capacitance by 5X and put a lot of modeling clay under the plinth and inside the platter. Siliconed the arm bearings. I left the transformer inside the plinth because, IMO, you only need to move it outside if it's got loose laminations and hums. Mine doesn't.

My secondary all vintage system took some time to piece together but once I found the HK T60c it was complete. I had waiting for it a virtually new Shure V15 Type III and the combo is fantastic.

The table works flawlessly and is almost mint - took almost 2 years to find locally but patience paid off.

I love the table - simple but terrific engineering!

Attachments

• DSC00455.jpg
    DSC00455.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC00498.jpg
    DSC00498.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 102
On my 'short list' - I would love to find a T60 at a reasonable price. But for now, I have to admire from afar...

T60, Shure ML-140he in my primary rig.

T40, Shure M91ed in my second system.

T65C, Ortophon OM-30, sold some years back.

You might say I'm a fan of the HK design.....

Been using an Ortofon Super OM10 on my HK T45 for the past year or so. Just ordered a new stylus, the Ortofon 20. I hope this will make it sound even better!

I think there should be. I have admired them and serviced a few for other owners. I liked the ones I worked on, they performed well. I have never owned one thus far. Wouldn't pass one up if the opportunity came my way. I'd consider it.

I'm in! I have a T55C with Ortofon OM30, and it's a sweet table. It currently vies with an SL-1600 (with Grado G1/8MZ stylus) for top honors in the house.

My T55C arrived a few years ago via Craigslist, in the two-digit price range because it was missing a foot and had a couple scratches on the dust cover. Otherwise it's in great condition, and sounds terrific with the Ortofon, a fine match for the Microrace arm. I feel lucky to have one of these HK lovelies.

Nolan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
hkog.

Sounds cool. I've got a t60c that I picked up last year with a shure m 95ed cart. Recently picked up a hk720. Mainly for the headshell for the 60. I've been hearing that the v15 is a good fit. . A friend said a m97 would be a good alternative in that its still in production. So I have two questions. 1 . Would a m97 be a good alternative to a v15 ? 2. Is it that much better than a m95 ed? Thx, Eric

Hey Eric,

Those who can give you an experiential based comparison on those two carts hopefully will get in on the discussion - but I can tell you that my V 15 III is a really nice performing cart......that cart loves that arm!!

Good luck!

I'm in, the amount of appreciation is boundless. Looks beautiful, simple operation, low maintenance. My T-35c just spins and spins for hours on end :banana:. That microtrace arm is nice and light and accepts a lot of different carts. Simple to set up, and easy to get there.
Just plays and plays. :music: :D

I have a T45C that I haven't used yet. I still need a cart for it or to find a suitable stylus for the Empire LTD450. I think I need foam for the feet as well, thing wobbles all over the place when you touch it.

I love the HK stuff, especially the slightly earlier, late 70s gear. Wish I could find a Rabco ST7 to go with my HK 430.

Back
Top Bottom