Harman Kardon Turntable owners/appreciation group.

T65C, T55C and T60 all in Rosewood

I also have another T55, T60 and T65C waiting for full resto and veneer. Needless to say, I really like HK's.

BTW, I also love the Kyocera turntables which are cousins of the HK's and share many parts. Platters are identical, dust covers are the same size and sub-chassis appear to be the same, except they are made from different materials.

Attachments

• HK t65c 007.JPG
    HK t65c 007.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 99
  • T55c 003.JPG
    T55c 003.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 90
  • HK t60 Kyocera 010.JPG
    HK t60 Kyocera 010.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
QUOTE="eriathomas, post: 10225929, member: 215338"]What mat are you using on yours? My stock mat recently cracked.[/QUOTE]
It's a Herbies mat. Seems to work well.
[

Thinking about taking my HK T45 to the next level. Currently using a Ortofon OM30 cartridge. I really like it, but looking for a little warmer airier sound, with less pops and clicks on used vinyl. Any High compliance MC carts that will work with it? I mostly listen to hard rock, and punk rock, and the occasional synth pop record.

First time poster, made an account just for this. I've got a T40 that I purchased last summer; huge upgrade from the Technics SL-3 I had previously. I'd consider it a pretty good deal at $120 CAD. Running an Ortofon. VMS-30 II on it, with a JICO stylus. Not much I can fault about the combo, absolutely love my Harman.

Anyways, here's the bit that may be of use. Like most of these tables, mine had an incredibly hard mat on it when I picked it up. I just used it like that for a while, but it bothered me. So, I got to thinking...my dad used to get me to detail his car, and he'd make me use a product called Aerospace 303, which would pretty much instantaneously restore any plastic/rubber/vinyl. So, I tried it on my mat, and it flexes again just fine, restored the sheen, it now seems much less dry...and I could swear it helped the sound. Glad I had a bottle around (I think they run like 15 bucks here in canuckland, so still cheaper than a new mat). Let me know if this helps anybody.

Also, any of you who've modded your tables, particularily with additional deadening: I would love to see some pictures, makes it easier to duplicate than just doing some guesswork.

Regards,

Will

IMG_0004 (1).JPG Well I have not been to active here lately so back 2013 I picked up a HK T60C from another AKER. Moved the 35C to the back bench. It came with a sure V-15 type 3, Sounded nice but I preferred the Pickering XV-15/625E.
After a year or so got the itch to upgrade, that I did. We are now dragging a Ortofon Turbo MC 3. A bit more detailed and just as clean sounding. Loving the upgrades.
Muzy

Last edited:
Have a T 60 which I bought recently.....It's in brilliant shape....Complete except for original mat which often doesn't survive.....It came with a Sure M97 HE which was a real eye opener for me......Beautiful clear transparent sound....Tracks everything perfectly.....The only mod I've made is some sorbothane strips under the platter on the inner ring.....I have another one I bought a few years ago but was damaged in transit and had a bad earthing problem but at least I have a donor unit.....I have a Goldring. 1042 fitted on the spare headshell..A really top cart..But. prefer the Shure......All in all m totally happy with the T 60 and it's even replaced my Manticore Mantra as my main TT

Other gear......Cam Audio 851 E pre.amp.....Harman Kardon PA 2400 power amp.....And Monitor Audio Silver 8 speakers

Last edited:
Interesting that this thread has three folks with only 1 post. One joined to post, one posted a long time ago and is still active and one is a long time member just making his first post.

All that said, I'll tell you about my T-55c. I loaned it to a friend with a new Shure M97 and he won't give it back. I'm not going to take it back, but if he was not needing a turntable I could reacquire it. Until then, I guess I have visitation rights.

My only HK table is a ST-6 I got awhile back that had been stored away far a couple of decades or so as it wasn't working. Apart from the usual issues due to sitting the original issue that sidelined it was a power switch gone bad. It will be getting some Dynamat and an upgraded set of leads shortly.
DSC_4329_zpswzdmhvn7.jpg

Anyone know of any headshells that work with the ITO arms, besides the official ones? I bought an ADC type off needledoctor, but it seemed like something was hitting when I tried to insert it in the tonearm.

I have a T60C and its a very nice table. I use an Audio Technica OC9ML/II cartridge and it sounds great. I absolutely love the look and color of this TT.
Back to Basics - Harman/Kardon 2 Channel System by mastercontrolmedia, on Flickr
I have a T60C and its a very nice table. I use an Audio Technica OC9ML/II cartridge and it sounds great. I absolutely love the look and color of this TT.
Back to Basics - Harman/Kardon 2 Channel System by mastercontrolmedia, on Flickr
Hi Vince.....They do look good...Sound good as well.....How do you rate the 825/ 870 combo?.....Don't think these were on sale in the UK

Anyone know of any headshells that work with the ITO arms, besides the official ones? I bought an ADC type off needledoctor, but it seemed like something was hitting when I tried to insert it in the tonearm.

They're tight, but they work.
I bought a couple of extra HK's for different cartridges. Get the ebay mobile app for your phone and be patient, that's how I found mine. I looked for headshells or "for parts", that sort of thing.
The last one I found (orig HK) cost around $45

Hi Vince.....They do look good...Sound good as well.....How do you rate the 825/ 870 combo?.....Don't think these were on sale in the UK

That combo is very nice. Very clean sound. The do not age well though and they both required servicing to get them to work right. I am also adding a TU-915 tuner to complete the set very soon. ;)

My only HK table is a ST-6 I got awhile back that had been stored away far a couple of decades or so as it wasn't working. Apart from the usual issues due to sitting the original issue that sidelined it was a power switch gone bad. It will be getting some Dynamat and an upgraded set of leads shortly.
DSC_4329_zpswzdmhvn7.jpg
That ST-6 looks pretty nice. Is that a current pic? Do you have it back in rotation?

Interesting that this thread has three folks with only 1 post. One joined to post, one posted a long time ago and is still active and one is a long time member just making his first post.

All that said, I'll tell you about my T-55c. I loaned it to a friend with a new Shure M97 and he won't give it back. I'm not going to take it back, but if he was not needing a turntable I could reacquire it. Until then, I guess I have visitation rights.
Yea, never looked lol, :) Good to see your post, any pics of you T-55c? Think you should go for full custody.

Back
Top Bottom