Stabone454

Hello everyone!
What are people's thoughts on the Harmon Kardon 330 model reciever? Is it reliable? What do you think one that supposedly completely works but needs cosmetic cleanup is worth? Nowhere in the pictures can I see an a,b, or c is there just a straight 330 model??

Thanks for your help!!!
Jay

Attachments

• IMG_4561.PNG
    IMG_4561.PNG
    166.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4560.PNG
    IMG_4560.PNG
    194.1 KB · Views: 36
HK 330's are abundant in all models, and conditions. IMO, I'd pay the $80.00, as long as I could hear it first. I have the 330c, and am quite happy. I drive a very efficient pair of horn loaded speakers, (it's a good combination).

A fine little receiver! There's one playing Bowie in my daughter's room right now. They have a unique sound and were one of the best selling units of the 1970's. Worth $80 only if it's in good working condition since even simple electronic repairs are expensive these days.

Hello everyone!
What are people's thoughts on the Harmon Kardon 330 model reciever? Is it reliable? What do you think one that supposedly completely works but needs cosmetic cleanup is worth? Nowhere in the pictures can I see an a,b, or c is there just a straight 330 model??

Thanks for your help!!!
Jay

Welcome to HK! Just an FYI there is a forum here at AK to post your questions regarding value. Questions regarding values and price are frowned upon outside of that forum.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/new-gear-values.154/

The HK 330 series are known for their warm tube like sound and as already mentioned were one of the best selling of the 70's. I've got a 330B I drag out once in a while and am always impressed with it. At 20 watts/per ch it holds its own with more powerful receivers in sound quality. Speakers with an 88db or higher rating most likely will work best but I have had my KLH 5's hooked up and they were fine for smaller area listening.

Hello, and welcome to AK.

For the price listed, a clean, working 330 is an excellent entry into the hobby.

They look good and sound great provided you use efficient speakers and don't plan to listen at rock concert levels. Probably better suited for a bedroom/office system than setup as the main system in a large room.

They are well designed and therefore very reliable. Should repairs become necessary, there isn't anything "special" or unavailable inside and it's a great unit to learn repairs on. There are service manuals available and many capable techs here to help you.

Good luck
Have fun

Let us know how you make out.

For the price listed, a clean, working 330 is an excellent entry into the hobby.

They look good and sound great provided you use efficient speakers and don't plan to listen at rock concert levels. Probably better suited for a bedroom/office system than setup as the main system in a large room.

They are well designed and therefore very reliable. Should repairs become necessary, there isn't anything "special" or unavailable inside and it's a great unit to learn repairs on. There are service manuals available and many capable techs here to help you.

Good luck
Have fun

Thank you everyone! Sorry for the value question, I will head to that forum in the future! New guy syndrome, still trying to figure it out. Last question, does anyone know if the 330 ( no other value) it this the same as the written out three thirty just a later model? And thanks for the heads up in repair I'm slowly learning hot to do repairs and was hoping this would be a good one

Good luck
Have fun

Your response was quite helpful! Thank you

Get it !! You won't regret it. Find a nice set of Dynaco A25 speakers to pair it with & check back with the results later.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom