Has AK been hacked???? [iPad and iPhone issues]

trinhsman

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Can't surf the forums on my IPad. Keeps having a pop up come up saying I have won a 1,000 dollar Amazon gift card and to click OK to claim it. I DON"T CLICK. Can't exit and have to resign in. Does the same thing again. This is on the Safari browser. All other websites work fine.

On my PC everything is OK.

Wondering is others are having this issue.

Same issue on my iPhone,... so it's not just you. Hope the 'powers that be' can find a resolution.

I have no problems with Firefox. Only on my Ipad. Only the AK website gives me issues on the Ipad. All other websites are fine.

I've seen the Amazon Rewards 'drop down' hack occur when tapping on the AK Tabs ('New Posts, Watched Thread, Alerts, etc) at the top of the page. At first, I attributed it to inaccuracy with my fingertips. :dunno:

I've seen the Amazon Rewards 'drop down' hack occur when tapping on the AK Tabs ('New Posts, Watched Thread, Alerts, etc) at the top of the page. At first, I attributed it to inaccuracy with my fingertips. :dunno:
It only happens on the AK website and on the Ipad using Safari. Not sure what is going on, since all other websites are working fine.

Yeah, turn off 3rd party cookies, that can help with some things and disable Javascript(?) unless absolutely necessary.

Can't surf the forums on my IPad. Keeps having a pop up come up saying I have won a 1,000 dollar Amazon gift card and to click OK to claim it. I DON"T CLICK. Can't exit and have to resign in. Does the same thing again. This is on the Safari browser. All other websites work fine.

On my PC everything is OK.

Wondering is others are having this issue.

Yep, I started getting this after updating my iPad mini2. Turning off Java Script stopped it. However, with Java Script off emoticons are disabled when posting and New Posts in the menu disappears. There may be other anomalies. I did not have these issues prior to OIS update. Turning Java on brings the fake Amazon ad back.

Yep, I started getting this after updating my iPad mini2. Turning off Java Script stopped it. However, with Java Script off emoticons are disabled when posting and New Posts in the menu disappears. There may be other anomalies. I did not have these issues prior to OIS update. Turning Java on brings the fake Amazon ad back.
I guess I’m dumb, can’t find how to turn off Java Script. ????

AK HAS NOT BEEN HACKED but Google ads has (which is not under AK's controls). People stop thinking all this is AK - it is YOUR FAULT and where you go. People need to think more about security.

This article suggests it could be related to how a website is administered, for what it's worth: http://shudhtech.blogspot.com/2018/01/iphone-popup-scam-congratulations-apple.html

"It cab be due to poorly coded websites or website owner not paying attention to what is being published on their website. Resulting letting web browser exposed to many threats to store malicious data for such pop issue."

I'll take it with a grain of salt, given the multiple typos and grammar errors in the article. I'll note, however, that AK is the ONLY site on which this is happening.

I guess I’m dumb, can’t find how to turn off Java Script. ????

Go to the "Settings" app and scroll down to Safari, select Safari, scroll down to "Advanced" at bottom. Select Advanced and you will see option to turn off JavaScript.

I am using my iMac (10.12.6), Firefox, to make this response and have no problems. However, I'm experiencing multiple problem with AK on the iPad. No doubt, it is difficult for any website to accommodate the uniqueness of Mac, PC, various smart phones, and tablets.

I have noticed AK has been slower, not terrible the last few days. Don't really notice it on E-bay or Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom