Has anyone else been having problems with Amazon?

Had a rage going today when I received a 2LP album in a bubble pack from a third party seller. Yup an expensive U-line #7 folded back. I lit up on the seller for a refund right away as the vinyl was trashed and the gatefold cover had seam splits not described. If he doesn't respond quickly enough he's going to have an A-Z claim filed on him.

I order CDs all the time from an Amazon dealer that I have been very happy with. They usually have one of the lowest prices and they pack well. I just received 5 CDs from them and they were in a strong cardboard box with air cushion packing. I'm wasn't sure if it is okay to post their name on AK.

I wanted a balanced Emotiva Control Freak. Bought it, got the unbalanced. I could actually use the unbalanced version somewhere else, so I kept it and re-order the balanced. Got the unbalanced again, sent it back, got the replacement today - yep, unbalanced. Just went for the refund and bought it straight from Emotiva. I bet they get it right, and it was cheaper than Amazon, to boot.
Probably explains why Emotiva says they're out of stock on the unbalanced version. :dunno:

Probably explains why Emotiva says they're out of stock on the unbalanced version. :dunno:

Just order a balanced or unbalanced from Amazon - you'll get unbalanced either way :rflmao:

And Emotiva is evidently OOS on the balanced, too. I got mine in, and it's pretty obviously used. If I had bought it off Amazon, it'd be headed back on their dime. As it is, I'll just keep the dang thing.

I order CDs all the time from an Amazon dealer that I have been very happy with. They usually have one of the lowest prices and they pack well. I just received 5 CDs from them and they were in a strong cardboard box with air cushion packing. I'm wasn't sure if it is okay to post their name on AK.

How do you get around the $3.99 shipping per item?

I did get a full refund on the trashed vinyl. Now the seller is not sure if he needs it back or not. Go figure.

I've only had one other bad purchase on Amazon, a trashed copy of Animals. But I let it go because the price was too good to be true.

Yesterday (yes Sunday) I got a CD and a headset for my work Motorola radio in a cardboard box. I almost shit. It was a variable thickness box with Amazon part number BP0. I recycle all of my small boxes if possible.

I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon Prime due to free shipping to Alaska (which is a huge benefit). Everything from dogfood in 30-40 lb sacks to worms for the compost bin. All my CD's come from them, shoes and clothing, bicycle tires, tools, lots of audio. you name it. I do think the packaging has gone downhill a bit depending on what it is. CD's fared lots better in the cardboard mailers. Still all in all, due in no small part to their seemingly unwavering no questions asked return policy I will keep buying from them. Free shipping here where everything gets here in the belly hold of a Cessna 208 is still the best deal anywhere to be found here.

We have an Amazon fulfillment warehouse in our area. Wifey actually worked for them for a short time. It's a revolving door place, especially at xmas time. They hire through a staffing agency. They dangle a nice compensation package in front of the temps, if you make it to permanent hire. If you can run the gauntlet, you may be hired on as an Amazon employee. Almost all don't make it. They have to pack a certain number of boxes an hour and are constantly monitored and reprimanded. It would not surprise me if packers were skimping on padding just to get the box done quicker.

We have an Amazon fulfillment warehouse in our area. Wifey actually worked for them for a short time. It's a revolving door place, especially at xmas time. They hire through a staffing agency. They dangle a nice compensation package in front of the temps, if you make it to permanent hire. If you can run the gauntlet, you may be hired on as an Amazon employee. Almost all don't make it. They have to pack a certain number of boxes an hour and are constantly monitored and reprimanded. It would not surprise me if packers were skimping on padding just to get the box done quicker.
Oh man I hate hearing about that! Really don't want to stop using Amazon but I do vote with my wallet

Oh man I hate hearing about that! Really don't want to stop using Amazon but I do vote with my wallet
Don't worry about it too much,
there's other places that hand out 1099s in lieu of benefit packages to their employees.
I'm good with Amazon - it keeps me off the roads.

I've never bought anything from Amazon because I've never been able to figure out the search process. I type in something like a particular Pioneer speaker and if I get ten listings, one may be the item I'm searching for. Two others may be related in that they are speakers or they are a Pioneer branded item. Two others might be related in that they are electronics items. The other five will be totally unrelated as far as I can tell. The frustration keeps me from visiting Amazon more than once a year or so.

The worst thing about Amazon is their dysfunctional search function. I would buy more from them if I could find what I'm looking for!

Back
Top Bottom