Has anyone heard from Arkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theophile

Pheasant Plucker
Subscriber
He hasn't visited the site since July 13 this year. I'm not losing sleep over it. I merely hope that the guy is OK.

Let's hope so.

It seems like there's a multitude of past members who have stopped visiting or posting.

I've been here since September 2003. Like you Duane, I've seen more members either leave or come and go than you can shake a stick at. I miss hearing from 99.9% of them. There's only one who has gone that I am relieved about.

Over the years Arkay's posts have reliably been among my favorites.

How does that ignore thing work? If I had Tom Brennan on ignore would I not see any of his posts? What about ooba tooba's quoting of a Tom Brennan post? Would I see that or would I just be mystified by ooba's response?

I've had two guys (both gone now) that always got on my nerves, but I don't think I would put even them on ignore because even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Not sure about the features here, but at another forum, if you had someone on ignore, than you couldn't read a post from someone else quoting them.

There is quiet a few members that have stopped posting and still peek in now and then. Some just have stopped since the site change, I would list them but it would be pretty long.

My ignore list is starting to get pretty long as well.

never had to think about ignoring anyone .. sure some have done it me as the posts don't make sense like some other forums .. or thinking again it might just have been facebook ..

I always enjoyed Arkay's posts too. I hope he is doing ok.

Now as for that "ignore" function, I've never used it but as long as the last one turns out the lights...

Last edited:
A fellow AK member told me at the beginning of this year that Arkay was fine but had decided to concentrate more on his real life. I'm also among those who miss his postings.

I am still here though for how long God only knows as seven days from now I turn 85
That's quite a milestone merylander. Happy 85th for next week.

I'm in regular contact with an amazing lady who made a minor mark via a Hollywood acting career. She was 87 and a half last month. Given her advanced years, she isn't slowing down and enjoys glowing good health. No glasses nor hearing aids. She's a champion and beneficiary of lifelong health and good diet.

In the course of my work I spent a few hours in the hospital with a fellow of 94 years who wasn't in the best of shape. They said to me that his wife will probably visit. A few hours later this little slim gal literally came bounding into the room. Flinging her arms open she goes "Ta-Daa!! I'm here.". Pointing to him she goes "See him! He's 94. He's my toyboy! I'm 97!!" This gal had more energy than a busload of teenagers. I was just shaking my head at how nimble and vital she was. 97 and just a livewire. Age doesn't slow some people down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom