Has anyone heard from Arkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always enjoy Arkay's posts. I truly hope he is okay.

I also hope I haven't offended or bothered anyone to the point of making their list. Unfortunately, my typing/internet skills don't convey my real life intentions. :oops:

I have had some exchanges with an AKer who is personally familiar with Arkay. Apparently Arkay is taking a break from AK. This may be a short-lived thing or may be longer in duration. In the end we have to respect the decision of our well liked member. Arkay I'm sure I'd be speaking for many should you be reading this. Go in peace Sir. May the future find you in good health, good cheer and good fortune.

Some ten months ago he told me that he will leave AK, probably forever. One of the reasons is that he had issues with AK, I will not go into details here.

I respect his decision. Hermann Hesse puts it this way:

Serenly let us move to distant places
And let no sentiment of home detain us.
The Cosmic Spirit seeks not to restrain us
But lift us stage by stage to wider spaces.

Goodbye, Lee, I miss you...

Last edited:
As an active & contributing member RK was an asset to this community. We remains are his many excellent posts, which now serve as testment to his prolific contribution to these boards.

Past that, I haven't seen for quite some time anything posted by Cubdog, whose posts I enjoyed and often found to be thought-provoking and/or insightful.

I always enjoyed his posts, I liked him as a person from his online persona, and would probably have liked him a lot more had we ever met face to face.

Last edited:
Yeah, where exactly is cubdog??

Heck, I still wonder about Thor and Tentoze, tho I think Tentoze still posts occasionally.

Tentoze was the most prolific poster for many years running. He left years ago. Thor left about ten years ago, resurfaced for about 5 posts about 18 months ago and hasn't been seen since.

Edit: Thor resurfaced in 2012.

Tentoze has posted about 20 times in the last 3 years. 5 times last year.

Last edited:
Thanks, theophile for the update. Wonder if Thor still has those awesome CV's and that horrid pink miata?

Has anyone had contact with Brian (Old Geezer) from Toronto? As I've gotten into vintage Sony, his many posts on the 6060 and other units of that era have been extremely helpful. In one of his last posts last spring/summer he mentioned a not promising diagnosis. Sure hope he's okay.

Has anyone had contact with Brian (Old Geezer) from Toronto? As I've gotten into vintage Sony, his many posts on the 6060 and other units of that era have been extremely helpful. In one of his last posts last spring/summer he mentioned a not promising diagnosis. Sure hope he's okay.

I too hope that Brian is okay. Such a nice guy.

He's on Hifi Haven, it appears.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

I never understood the Exodus that led to that website. I joined, because tomlinmgt invited me, but I don't frequent it much.

With all the issues and problems that sometimes arise, I like it here. Miss ya, Cubdog.

I also got the invite and passed. Not that I don't want to associate with those guys, more to do with the fact that it feels like AK Lite.

It does not feel like "AK lite" to me. It is nice over there, but actually different. Several guys with 20,30, even more K posts at AK explained to me why they left AK, and I respect their decision, although I cannot quite comprehend the decision leaving such a community like ours despite their explanations, because they sound in a way flimsy to me. Okay then...

Seriously: You Americans like moving. Or at least: many Americans. Maybe the urge to move to another place does also exist refering to the internet, in this case - to websites?

It does not feel like "AK lite" to me. It is nice over there, but actually different. Several guys with 20,30, even more K posts at AK explained to me why they left AK, and I respect their decision, although I cannot quite comprehend the decision leaving such a community like ours despite their explanations, because they sound in a way flimsy to me. Okay then...

Seriously: You Americans like moving. Or at least: many Americans. Maybe the urge to move to another place does also exist refering to the internet, in this case - to websites?

Yep, some like to move, some like it better somewhere else, some feel they should have more of a say, or develop disagreements. It happens, like marriages, like jobs, like businesses.

Yep, some like to move, some like it better somewhere else, some feel they should have more of a say, or develop disagreements. It happens, like marriages, like jobs, like businesses.

Arkay provided valuable content to the community. While the conduit it necessary, it cannot exist without content.

With all the issues and problems that sometimes arise, I like it here.

... although I cannot quite comprehend the decision leaving such a community like ours despite their explanations, because they sound in a way flimsy to me.

Everyone (who has stayed) likes it here because it feels like home, despite the little day-to-day issues that come up. No large forum is without its problems! It's a mix of personalities that sometimes won't get along. Some will leave for "reasons," others just never feel as though they fit in and feel uncomfortable, and they'll taper off as well. (Anything beats having a "hate" site to deal with...)

It's funny in many ways, I personally don't know anyone here on AK, but based on what is written and interests I have I feel almost like I know people. I joined because of people like @merrylander , @avionic , @4seatPilot ,@Balifly , and @mhardy6647 . I found myself deeply interested in what they had to say and felt like their personalities shone in their postings.
For obvious reasons I left out many other enjoyable folks that I enjoy reading and for what it's worth I love it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom