Has anyone heard from Arkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way I would let other peoples personalities dictate whether I stay on a forum or not. I join for the fun and knowledge first. There will always be people you don;t get along with, just like in real life. Funny thing is, when you meet someone in person, you may find they are the nicest people in the World. That's the problem with electronic communication, you don;t really know someone until you hang with them and every AK'er I met in person I have liked a lot

Don't know how I missed this one as to be concerned about AKer's Arkay!
His posts were enlightening & entertaining altogether.

My prayer is that he is doing well & returns to let us know so.

Rome

i wonder if, were i to stay away for any period of time, would people be asking whatever happened to old shrinkboy? i seriously doubt it.

It certainly seems like a whole lot of people who posted on a regular basis all seemed to stop about the same time. No idea why.

It certainly seems like a whole lot of people who posted on a regular basis all seemed to stop about the same time. No idea why.

+1 seems like around the end of last year a bunch of folks just up and left. No idea why, but I will say there has been a lot more argumentative threads lately and the same 10 questions reposted ad nauseam by noobs that apparently don't use the search button....it makes me want to bounce for a while sometimes.

I think HarmanKardon (chris) stated it well, when he said the reasons seemed "flimsy".

Two former AK'ers I respect immensely, seemed to get aggravated by the idea that not everyone wanted to reach audio nirvana with the best gear money can buy. This is not keeping with the AK spirit, which is "All Audio, No Attitude". I can understand their leaving, but it seems petty.

I have some gear that is pretty high up the chain, but I also enjoy the lesser stuff. I'm a music aficionado, and even a Fisher-Price can bring me joy.

I don't understand why people feel the need to feel insulted. I let it slide off my back when someone says something unsavory to me.

I've become isolated geographically and otherwise from my real friends. This site has been a balm to my worried mind, and I love it.

My mantra is live and let live. The world is different thru other eyes, no need to impose my own viewpoint on others.

Peace, y'all.

Arkay wrote the "Idiot's guide to Deoxit" thread, almost everyone on AK has read that thread. He is indeed a great contributor here.

It does not feel like "AK lite" to me. It is nice over there, but actually different. Several guys with 20,30, even more K posts at AK explained to me why they left AK, and I respect their decision, although I cannot quite comprehend the decision leaving such a community like ours despite their explanations, because they sound in a way flimsy to me. Okay then...

Seriously: You Americans like moving. Or at least: many Americans. Maybe the urge to move to another place does also exist refering to the internet, in this case - to websites?

They should have named it 'tweaker haven.' Despite all efforts to make this place 'safe' for everyone, the belief in their own persecution was strong in some.

However - we should try to respect everyone's decisions to leave one place, to settle down at another one, even if we cannot accept their reasons why doing so.

Quite so. Wouldn't want anyone to stay here if they don't like the place, for any reason.

They don't have to hang out here, I don't have to hang out there...we might call this 'freedom!'

I see a lot of familiar names over there on HiFi Haven. I perused the site several times looks like pretty much the same posts as here just a lot less folks

To expect to get along with everyone at all times is, to me, unrealistic. Like Wildcat said, this place feels like home. And at home, sometimes you have disputes with family members. It's how you deal with them that shows your level of maturity.

Past that, I haven't seen for quite some time anything posted by Cubdog, whose posts I enjoyed and often found to be thought-provoking and/or insightful.

cubdog was last seen:
Monday at 1:26 PM

Looks like he just reads for now, I always enjoyed his posts also, good people

cubdog was last seen:
Monday at 1:26 PM

Looks like he just reads for now, I always enjoyed his posts also, good people

He was OK - had his moments. What ever happened to Ken Cantor (Kantor?) - the guy with the rubber duck avatar - "fowl" humor?

He was OK - had his moments. What ever happened to Ken Cantor (Kantor?) - the guy with the rubber duck avatar - "fowl" humor?

Who cares? The guy pissed all over the "gals on LP covers", with his holier than thou attitude, assuming much and knowing little. :bs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom