Has anyone seen a Sansui HF-R50 monoblock?

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by captrockstar, Feb 11, 2018.

1. captrockstar

captrockstar AK Subscriber Subscriber

I came across an old Sansui catalog that mentions a tube monoblock HF-R50. There is no picture of one and a google search did not reveal anything. I was aware the HF-V60 and HF-L60 monoblocks but this one I've never heard about or seen. Anyone have pictures or info on this amp?

IMG_1921.JPG

smurfer77, bluesky and BLAH BLAH like this.
  2. LBPete

LBPete Rolling Along Subscriber

Could be domestic market only and never exported. AK member Bluesky may know more.

- Pete

smurfer77 likes this.
  3. bluesky

bluesky Addicted Member

I have no data or anything on the HF-R50 ... so it's extremely rare. Unheard of, like that.

I have found:
    1955/4 HF-R5K - no data
    mid 50's HF-R5 - no data
    1956/3 HF-R50(C) - no data

Also just checked Japan 'Biglobe' - nothing that I could find.

There is about 6+ of the early to mid 50's mono amps that there just isn't any information on at all. Maybe just a date, but's that's it.

Sorry, not much help. I dig into it again on a casual basis.

smurfer77 likes this.
  4. captrockstar

captrockstar AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks for trying Bluesky! I figured it was a shot in the dark but was hopeful someone might have some info. When I searched and could not find even a mention of this amp anywhere, I imagined this was a very rare amp indeed!

5. smurfer77

smurfer77 Super Member

:lurk:

With the pricing not much less than the more powerful HF-V60 it had better have been one sweet sounding amp.... or maybe it wasn't and everyone just bought the V60 and L60 and that is why there are no R50 out there ? ;)

bluesky likes this.
  6. bluesky

bluesky Addicted Member

That was my assumption too. Makes sense anyway.

Maybe there was just 'something' not to everyone's liking about the R50, or maybe just a 'different' sound, and the V60 & L60 were the best.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    smurfer77 likes this.
  7. bluesky

bluesky Addicted Member

R-50... only 6 watts??

That may be the reason.

8. smurfer77

smurfer77 Super Member

yes, that's what I was looking at... half the power and almost the same price. I know some low Wattage amps can sound sweet but they usually have really solid iron still but if you look at the weight on the brochure the R50 is also much lighter weight than the V60.

bluesky likes this.