Hatch Chili Recipes

Zeego

Illegitimi non carborundum
20180916_161530.jpg

Well, I just had to buy me a 5lb bag of hatch chilies from Traders Joe's this morning, so time to figure out what to make. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

1) Roasted hatch chile and garlic hummus
2) Hatch chile salsa verde
3) Roasted hatch chile mac n cheese
4) Hatch chile chili
5) Hatch chile cornbread for veggie plate night

What say you?

Last edited:
View attachment 1283193

Well, I just had to buy me a 5lb bag of hatch chilies from Traders Joe's this morning, so time to figure out what to make. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

1) Roasted hatch chili and garlic hummus
2) Hatch chili salsa verde
3) Roasted hatch chili mac n cheese
4) Hatch chili chili

What say you?
Yes. :beerchug:

But, seriously.

I'd do the salsa verde - then that can be used to add into or top practically anything.

Last edited:
Chicken Enchilada Casserole w/ Roasted Hatch chili's.

Scrambled eggs with cheese and roasted Hatch

Mexican Chicken Soup with Hatch chili's

Stuff with cream cheese, wrap in bacon and bake

Roasted and peeled Hatch cheeseburgers

These are what I have done so far this year. I got 10# of roasted chili this year, peeled them and put in good ziplock. 3 per bag and into the freezer. 25 seconds in the micro to thaw. I should have gotten 20#.

Bacon wrapped tater tots w/ wedges of Hatch chiles inside.

Great by themselves or dipping sauces (ketchup, mustard, Ranch, bbq sauce, etc)

7-2-16-bacon-tatertots.jpg

Addictively good.

Hatch chile night. Roasted them on the grill to make some enchiladas for tonight and froze the rest for future culinary endeavors. I have to say, they are the most unique pepper I've ever tasted. Earthy, mildly hot, tangy, and just damn good. Get them while you can. I'm getting another 10 lbs before they disappear.

hatch.jpg

Half my family lives in Las Cruces.
As a kid, my uncle would send us a couple of bushels of green chiles via bus every year.
In that area, even Burger King offers green chile burgers.

I'm hard pressed think of anything we don't either routinely add chiles to....or haven't tried at some point.

Pumpkin Pie and ice cream might be an exceptions. There are probably others.

New Mexico style green chile stew, clearly!

Potatoes, pork, onions garlic. No red chile no tomatoes. Add pintos if you like.

I bought a couple of these sausages at the butcher counter before the fresh Hatch chiles were gone as I thought these wouldn't last long either.

Put them in the freezer and just took them out today to cook and use as an extra umph on some pizza for Friday.

These are f'in awesomely good. Juicy pork goodness melding with the Hatch green chile flavors finishing with a low sensuous lingering heat.

I'm buying a case of these next year.

hatch-pork-sausages.jpg

Back
Top Bottom