Hate to be "that guy", but...

Chief Pariah

Ran into this single cabinet, and a smaller "jhl" speaker today. Same guy had a large pair of Kenwoods, 1 with a "decent" cabinet, 1 was just a face with the drivers. Didn't get the model but ALL the drivers (including the 15" woofer) were offset with a wood-ish trim strip down one side. The grill was full length.
Couldn't i.d. the one pictured. No badges or labels. Cabinet is starting to deteriorate. That's a red "reset" button in the recess.

Can anyone offer a possible maker?
20190216_130906.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a DLK era speaker. Something along the BSR line, didnt it have the name Thunder Lizard.

Cheers
Mister Pig

Not white van, and not DAK ("Thunder Lizards" was a DAK name) - they're too old and cabinet quality is higher (looks like real wood veneer). I'd bet they date from the mid 1970s but other than that I can't be of much help. Could be a house brand or a manufacturer like AAL.

Last edited:
Those look like rack system speakers. If you like them, you'd probably be better off bracing the original cabinets (assuming they're in good shape) rather than starting from scratch - the drivers probably aren't good enough quality to be worth the effort of custom cabs.

Those look like rack system speakers. If you like them, you'd probably be better off bracing the original cabinets (assuming they're in good shape) rather than starting from scratch - the drivers probably aren't good enough quality to be worth the effort of custom cabs.
The above pic was to reference the model.The cabinets are toast...at least 1 is, as it's only a face with the drivers still attached. The other cabinet is degrading. I can get them in the $60-$70 range. It will cost me about $75 to build the new cabinets.

Ran into this single cabinet, and a smaller "jhl" speaker today. Same guy had a large pair of Kenwoods, 1 with a "decent" cabinet, 1 was just a face with the drivers. Didn't get the model but ALL the drivers (including the 15" woofer) were offset with a wood-ish trim strip down one side. The grill was full length.
Couldn't i.d. the one pictured. No badges or labels. Cabinet is starting to deteriorate. That's a red "reset" button in the recess.

Can anyone offer a possible maker?
View attachment 1422176
fisher

I love speakers, especially woofers and 6x9's haha. Those woofers on the first set look pretty weak. They dont look like they were designed to have a lot of excursion. Not even a doped surround.

Back
Top Bottom