Hats off to the Grumpster!

WildWest

Well it is such the breath of fresh air to experiance humanity at it's best. It happened to me today when the UPS truck rolled up. Thud goes the package, ring goes the bell. I bolt out front to see what is up.

There lays a pakage from your and my good friend Dave aka Grumpy. In this pakage is several prestine vinyl LPs, all of which I didn't have any copys of. I was completely floored by this as I had asked for nothing what so ever. He just sent them out of the blue! Amazing I tell ya. With as busy as he is with E bay dealings, to just send someone something expecting nothing in return was simply unreal!

Most certainly we are fortunate to have Dave in this forum and a friend to us all. I will never forget that kind gesture and I am sending him the money to cover the shipping fees as these beautiful albums are sooooo worth it. If I were to buy these used at PDQ records here in Tucson I would have dropped a C note on it all easily. Amazing I tell ya....

Thanks TONS Dave, you da man!! :beerchug: :yippy:

WW

No problem man. I was just weeding out doubles and triples of stuff and rather then Ebay them I thought you could use them with the new Thorens. I figured if ya like em you could keep em. If not pass them on. Oh yeah dont worry about the shipping and just enjoy them. :)

Dave

That's Great!

What a nice surprise. Through some of my dealings with my cyber-friends I have been the recipient of my share of free-bees. Tim sent me some very nice rectifiers - for nothing - just clearing out his stock. There are ALOT of good people around, these are only two examples. We are lucky indeed to have them as contributing members!

MikE

Hey weed out some of the "doubles" you have in speakers and send some my way ;) You know you'll make the wifey happier :D

In all seriousness Dave is a great guy who has helped me out many times especially when I was real poor and he would hold equipment till I had the cash or send it to me and trust me to pay him later. Thanks again grumpy dood :p:

I have to mention the generosity of Ward and Kam.

Ward sent me a Pioneer turntable just at the time I was looking to get back into listening to vinyl again, but had no TT.

I picked up a Pioneer receiver and mentioned in a post that it was missing a couple of knobs; Kam sent me two replacement knobs.

Both guys did this for nothing and I just want to say thanks.

Now that's some good Karma and maybe I can do the same someday.

That's what this life is supposed to be about. Sharing with the next man. I never worry about giving something away because things aways come back to you. Three cheers Grump.

djronc

Well if we are thanking everyone who's been generous I would like to also thank Thatch who has sent me a box of tweets and has also embraced my crazy "Keg" speaker project where most audio guys mock me :( ;)

I also want to thank Toasted Almond who is sending me a cool pioneer thingy that has cool meters on it and refused for me to send him money until I recieved the unit and made sure it worked.

Well we are all in this together and at the same time. Those that can and truly want to share will.
I have recieved help for no financial gain from a number of people and if you have it but can't use it, send it on!
Thor, if after a number of years you decide that you will never use those tweeters then you send them on down the line. There will be someone that needs them.

Yup, great bunch of folks 'live' here!
toasted sent me a pair of Shure V15's, I picked 'em up this morning, and he still hasn't given me an address to send money!
I do need to find the OM to the Denon TT so I can remember how to get the headshell off ... :(

tippin' the hat to y'all!

pete :D

How am I going to give you an address to send payment to, if you don't answer my e-mails? I feel pretty blown off here. Ignored everything I posted on the forum as well. You want to own up to your end of the deal my friend, answer the e-mails I've been sending you for the last couple days.

My return address was PLAINLY printed on the package your cartridges came in.

Toasted Almond

yep...nice job grumpster!...I knew you were just a big softy...now if you could just change yer moniker...hmmm...to what tho?

ahhh...how about themanformallyknownasgrumpywhosaysNi

Holy Grail Test

I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Have you seen the movie :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom