Having a little phone fun with a persistent salesperson....

MaxxVolume

Lunatic Member
It wasn`t too long after Nine-Eleven, I was working inside the office, catching up on some paperwork. I answered the phone, and knew right away it was someone trying to sell something. "I`m sorry, but we don`t have a purchasing agent", I told the caller, hoping he`d take the hint and go away...."How about the President of the company, what`s HIS name?" asked the caller "Ed Gladstone" I replied, but I deliberately mis-pronounced it as "Glad-Stone-Nay"...."Can I speak to him?" asked the guy...."No", I replied...."he`s gone for the weekend....try again next week".

Next week, I`m in the office again, and answer the phone, only to recognize the voice...."Can I speak to Ed Glad-Stone-Nay ?" I said "Please hold"....I put him on hold, and alerted the other office workers. "Here`s that numbnuts that called last week looking for The President", I told them, then put the guy on speakerphone.

Me: "Hello, can I help you?"
Him: "Yes, can I speak to the President?"
Me: "I`m sorry, but the President has been moved to an undisclosed location" (muffled giggles from my co-workers)
30 seconds of silence....
Me: "Hello?????"....
Him: "Uhhhh, okay....how about the VICE President....what`s HIS name ?"
Me: "Dick Cheney" (more giggles)
Him: "All right....can I speak to HIM then ???"

(**Uproarious laughter**)

I wrote the applications for our company phone system. I have an extension that just plays hold music for a while, then hangs up. I have the customer service reps give out that extension to annoying sales people. I can also hard-code incoming phone numbers so when they call in, it goes straight to the hang-up extension without ever hitting the operator.

Back
Top Bottom