HBO's Westworld...

Haven't seen Walking Dead, friend that intro'ed me to WW is a WD addict who loves WW.
Go figure, he likes escapist fare.

Walking Dead, to me, is so incredibly boring, with a premise beyond stupid. For me it it evokes images of people sitting in dark rooms, drooling from the sides of their mouths, unable to switch the channel. :eek: :jump: To each their own

Here is a WW theory of my own: Since Dolores told Ford that basically she is hard-wired to destroy the park, I think she will do it from the outside. She and her human boyfriend William will escape the park, going to William's home. From there, both will plot revenge. :D

Walking Dead, to me, is so incredibly boring, with a premise beyond stupid. For me it it evokes images of people sitting in dark rooms, drooling from the sides of their mouths, unable to switch the channel. :eek: :jump: To each their own

Here is a WW theory of my own: Since Dolores told Ford that basically she is hard-wired to destroy the park, I think she will do it from the outside. She and her human boyfriend William will escape the park, going to William's home. From there, both will plot revenge. :D

Nice zombie joke. :D

How come all the women have perfect bodies.... ?

Everyone knows that's not true in the "RW"..... (apparently that hasn't gone wrong :thumbsup:)..!

How come all the women have perfect bodies.... ?

Ummm, because people will pay for that?

raw

Dunno, I see it midweek off TIVO with a bud who has cable and HBO. Then, I might read the recap online as I miss some dialogue, even with hearing aids.

So far I like it. I personally like Yul Brynner in the original, this iteration has some intriguing themes that for me have relevance today and with regards to future technology. The question of reality and the escape from it have deep social implications for me. I'll keep watching until I don't.

I've just caught up with this series and am enjoying it. I didn't think you could do a Bladerunner/Groundhog Day/The Good The Bad The Ugly hybrid....but there you have it.

When I saw Jeffery Wright early on, I knew I was on a good thing. He's really been a highlight for me.

Weird hearing Soundgarden and Radiohead on a pianola too.

Cannot wait for episode 8. My husband, wants to take me out for dinner tonight. I said, fine, as long as we are back for 8pm to watch Westworld. ;)

I saw the first episode. Haven't seen the second yet. So far I like the movie better.
Yep - the movie was fantastic - still holds up. I understand the show has to build plot - but it is taking way too long. I'll still watch it though.

Something like Deadwood - kicked ass from the start - just better writers.

Back
Top Bottom