HCT HMS-100 Dock Problem

moviemusic

Just scored a HCT HMS-100 off of the local Craigslist last weekend--which, from what I can tell, is the 'store brand' version of the Fatman Itube/Dared MP5 hybrid amp. It was mint in box, never opened. I love the amp--never played with tube equipment before, so the tube pre-amp portion is me dipping my toe in the water, so to speak. BUT--

My Ipod doesn't seem to recognize the associated dock at all. Which surprises me, given it's a 3rd gen Ipod Touch, from about the same vintage as the dock. But when plugged in, it gives an error message saying it cannot charge from this accessory, and will only play music through internal speakers, not through the amp. I and the seller tried it with two different I-devices, with the same result.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? Any thoughts on anything could try to fix this? I'm very afraid that a software upgrade might have permanently bricked this dock forever, but would love it if someone proved me wrong!

Nice. I have two of these.. One in the office. The new Apple OS basically made these dock paper weight. I just use mine connected to my laptop. I've been using mine for at least 7 years+ now. You may want to upgrade the tube. Take the metal grill off, it makes it look 10 times better.

Back
Top Bottom