HdK Boombox for yard work

House de Kris

Loud-n-Deep
I had to clear a couple acres Monday, so I used this boombox to play my tunes.

Boombox2.jpg

With an inside shot:

Boombox-inside.jpg

This system always resides in my bus, ready at any given moment. Takes about 15 minutes to setup or tear down.

Gear List
---------

DJ Rack:
Cortex HDD-1000 dual hard disc player
Numark CDN-25 dual CD player
Denon DN-X050 mixer

Main Rack:
Rolls RM-203 mixer
dbx 266A compressor
Rolls RA-62b distribution amp
Tascam 112R cassette deck
Sansui T-990 tuner
DOD 835 crossover
Sunn SPL7250 power amp (upper freq)
Peavey DECA-528 power amp (subs)
Furman PL-Plus power conditioner

Speakers:
E-V Force Monitors (uppers)
Community CSX40-S2

Awesome. That rig screams "Hold my beer and watch this"!
But tell me, when the trees fell in the woods and that was cranking did they make a noise?

You need to add just a couple of things:

1. Room inside for a beer keg or three, with plumbing to taps accessible from the outside of the bus.

2. Shower head extendable from the back of the bus, for "wet T-shirt" contests.

3. Changing-room curtains inside for the party girls to get out of their clothes and into their bikinis. (Secret webcams hooked to outside projection system entirely optional).

4. Disco ball and other lighting effects, probably to be mounted atop the roof of the bus.

Then you'll really have the ultimate PARTY bus --you've sure got the sound system down already! :yes: :music: :thmbsp:

Just a thought: you could probably rent that mobile sound system for some outdoor events. If you did add coolers, beer dispenser, etc... you definitely could!

Thanks for the comments, all. Actually, I do have a couple light trees and lights in the bus as well. But, since I was working during the day, I didn't feel I needed to set them up, too. I'll have to work on the external beer spigets. Would it be legal to drive in town with beer on tap for pedestrians?

Back
Top Bottom