Headphone Dilema

Nightcleaner

I love my AKG AY50 BT. Today I saw a Brand new pair being offered in Gum Tree on line Boxed unopened unwanted gift £80 The cost in Richer sounds here in UK. £99.

Do you know what. Its less than five miles away. its a free Bus ride for me. But its Hassle. Buy the time i get to my bank or a cash machine draw out £80. Re-catch the Buses Find the house get chased by the dog having to say hello to an irritating child. (Sorry i am just surmising ) then re catching the Two buses home

I rather pay the £99 on line get the delivered to my house . £19 seems worth it

Does anyone else think Like I do or am i alone

Last edited:
Hm, first let me convert the two costs to Euros:

Online @ 111.12 (basically 111)
Store @ 89.79 (basically 90.00)

So it'd be (roughly) EURO 11 for the shipping cost, or approximately 10% of the total purchase price. For that amount I'd probably opt for the online deal, too, because I HATE going out to brick n' mortar establishments to make purchases if I don't have to. But that's me. Some folks love gettin' outta the house and mixin' it up with the great unwashed on buses, etc. I do not.When in Paris I use the Metro (tube) as little as possible and never the public bus service. Same goes for when @ home in Lorraine region ('cept there's no underground train service to consider). Above-ground train service is nice and reliable and I'll use that between, say, Metz and Luxembourg City, but the catch is ya never when those rats @ SNCF gonna strike, drop a particular route, change the times for scheduled services, etc.

Now, if the establishment where the £80 pair were available were within reasonable walking distance of my house I'd go with that option. But not if getting therre involves public transit, not an effin' chance of that.

Last edited:
Sorry man you are at the mercy of the public transit system unless you buy a motorcycle like a Triumph Bonneville!

Back
Top Bottom