Headphones no one can hear

skinnypuppy

I currently have a set of akg k240 55 ohm that I really like.. But my wife can hear them sitting next to me.. Are their any over the head headphones that don't allow people next to you too hear them?

I have those headphones and like them. I have been in the process , myself , of learning about headphones - the different styles and how they are used. There are open back headphones, and closed back headphones. When you are using headphones and other people are present and you don't want to disturb them you would want closed back headphones. They prevent sound from leaking out , and also help to keep sound from the environment from intruding on your listening. Open back , you can hear the sounds from your environment and some sound will escape into the environment. A google search will tell you all you want to know about closed/open back. The AKG K240 are considered semi- open back.

I’m also looking into headphones..I want a set that , There will be no need to upgrade..
Having trouble finding AK’ers with real opinions on ZMF’s..
But I’m very hot for a set of ZMF ‘s, especially the new ones that are coming out..
I do believe, that the closed cans from ZMF would fit the bill for you..

I currently have a set of akg k240 55 ohm that I really like.. But my wife can hear them sitting next to me.. Are their any over the head headphones that don't allow people next to you too hear them?

Closed back over ear are generally what you’re looking for. I have a pair of B&W P7’s that seal very well, but they’ve got a fairly small ear cup.

There really isn’t one set of headphones to rule them all; they all have different sound signatures, and the different backings excel at different things. But my keep the Mrs. happy headphones are the above mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom