Headphones

I have had great luck with Sennheisers, I use the PMX70 Sport for exercise and the PXC250 for travel. I love this brand.

I can't live without my Senn HD570's, tried to replace them with 595's, but they sounded dull in comparison, maybe I will try some 650's...

I tried my Dad's AKG K701 Headphones.

I really liked how they sound, and they sound a million miles better then my Bose Around Ear Headphones.

My Dad has only had these AKG's for 3 days now, we know they need a lot of playing to brake in. I can't wait to see how they will sound after there brake in!!

And soon, I want to find a dealer and Demo a pair of Stax Earspeakers.

The AKG K701 are really starting to sound much better, these headphones are really nice. Looks like I might end up nicking them from my Dad quite alot. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How may hours exactly do these headphones need to burn in?

All togeather they have had about 10 hours of use.

I can't live without my Senn HD570's, tried to replace them with 595's, but they sounded dull in comparison, maybe I will try some 650's...

Were the 595s brand new? They have to break in for awhile to sound good with music. I thought I made a mistake with the 280Pros as far as music. I got them for movies and games, which was fine, but music sounded off... then I tried again after owning them for a few weeks and they had smoothed out.

Right ok,

My father has bought a pair of AKG K701 Headphones from ebay. Should be with him on Friday. Delivery is 1 working business day.

I just purchased a pair of these today. I read such amazing reviews of them, and they are down around $225 now with free shipping.

Now, to find a headphone amp...

We just hooked the AKG K701 on to a Musical Fidelity X-can V2 Headphone amp.

The sound was very good, considering the headphone amp has not been used for over 3 years. But the amp does need a bit of good use though.

My AKG K701s came in the mail. I only have about 1 hour in to them and they are a bit bright - I hear the longer you use them (upwards of 300 - 400 hours) the better they sound. Time will tell!

My AKG K701s came in the mail. I only have about 1 hour in to them and they are a bit bright - I hear the longer you use them (upwards of 300 - 400 hours) the better they sound. Time will tell!

Some people put their playlists on repeat and play them into the cans to burn them in, other used static, sin waves, etc.

The basic idea is that you're right-- they'll sound better one they've loosened up. But I've heard upward of 30~40 hours as opposed to 300~400 hours for burn in... hmm...

Philip.

Some people put their playlists on repeat and play them into the cans to burn them in, other used static, sin waves, etc.

The basic idea is that you're right-- they'll sound better one they've loosened up. But I've heard upward of 30~40 hours as opposed to 300~400 hours for burn in... hmm...

Philip.

I have thought about this idea but I am hesitant to leave my gear on while I am not home. What do you think would work best? I imagine something full-range like white or pink noise?

Thanks for the input

I have thought about this idea but I am hesitant to leave my gear on while I am not home. What do you think would work best? I imagine something full-range like white or pink noise?

Thanks for the input

I agree with not trusting my vintage gear to do this procedure, so I've done it before where I'll set my MP3 player on loop and let it run for a few days. My personal opinion is that pink noise or a sine wave would burn it in all-round as opposed to running it with your favorite tunes wich would make 'em sound better to your tastes.

In the same breath I have no problem buying used headphones to confuse the situation :)

Philip.

for new headphones its a good idea to let them play non stop for about 50 hours before normal use..

i just leave them plugged into an old cassette radio(a.k.a boombox or ghettoblaster) and leave it tuned in to a good 'dance' radio station..

even a couple of vintage cans i own that haven't been used for years have benefitted greatly from some extended run in...

Which Stax phone is better?

The new SR 4040 Signature Headphone or the older Lambda ones??

And Merry Christmas to you all.

My fathers AKG K701 headphones are really starting to sound nice. They sound fantastic with any vinyl I play on them. From Acid Jazz to Techno, Pop and Rock.

There very impressive with some of my Nirvana LP albums. For some reason Nirvana always sounds better on Headphones then speakers. I don't know why?

I would love hear what the Stax SR-404 sounds like compare to the K701!!!

Some people are suggesting I should start with someting like a Lambda Pro system. As I will save a lot of money.

I can vouch that the Lambda Pro sounds amazing. I picked up a set at a garage sale for $8 and have been very happy with them. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom